Offically A Mk2 Owner.

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
Hey Guys after a Hefty Fix Bill for my mk3 ibiza, i decided to get a new car, cheap and reliable.... yes i got a 1999 3door 1.4 S Model. and its a joy to drive, just drove it 140miles and not a problem except a little rattling on the dash.. cant find where it coming from sadly..
needs a bit of tidying like brake bulbs and a Indicator bulb im assumming i can just get these outta my mk3?

i'll upload pics 2mro

also one thing that has me baffled the speedometer and rev counter arent lighting up?
i need new bulbs right?

lol.. just checking :D

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
on my old mk2 there was a rolling switch thing on your headlight switch which adjusted the dash light, may be right down, doubt it will be the led's as there quite a few

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
on my old mk2 there was a rolling switch thing on your headlight switch which adjusted the dash light, may be right down, doubt it will be the led's as there quite a few

there are only 2 bulbs that light up the speedo, which are at the top of the panel and there is a coloured strip to determine the colour of the clocks. in seat`s case, a red/orange colour and a bulb each behind the digital clock and the milage/trip.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
yeah meaning more than one...ive done a thread on the dash lights before, hed be pretty unlucky if all leds had gone pop

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
in that thread crezz, where you just telling all how to change them or upgrade them?? im sure ive seen someone put a LED strip across the top of the speedo and looks loads better than standard. was that you ??

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
just get the clocks out, replace each of the 4 leds with blue ones, and open the top of the dials up and remove the orange film..piece of cake

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
I checked the Little rolling switch to make lights dimmer or brighter, it made the Miles/Time brighter but no luck on the speedo/rev/petrol/temp.

Heres a Quick Pic i got today

P210210_1443.jpg

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
youve got the same car as me matey, not that many 1.4S's about lol

quick question for you crezz, when i done my speedo lights to blue LEDs there was only 2 at the top, is there only 4 on the GTi/cupra sport models? i didnt have any on the sides

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
ive already done the blue led bulbs and to be honest didnt think they were very bright at all. i took the orange strip out but wondered if there is a blue strip in the vag range that could be made to fit? wot does anybody think??

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
are there any signs that your speedo has been tampered with? as you look at the speedo through the steering wheel, there is a black plastic surround that goes in front of the clocks with 2 screws at the top. do they look like they have been out at all. oh and check all the fuses are there and are all ok. if all that ok then you will have to pull speedo out and check bulbs themselfs.

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
havent gotten round to look at my clocks yet due to being out last night, bit hungover :p
anyone know of any good mods that would look good?

im debating on putting my wolfrace alloys from the mk3 on just for the time being??

thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.