Oil in coolant, no heat from vents, engine ticks over before start

Hammy786

May 13, 2018
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and its helped me in the past just by checking previous posts.

I recently noticed that there's been oil in my coolant tank and the heater isn't blowing out hot air (I live in Scotland so I need hot air especially during cold mornings). I read some forums stating that it could be the head gasket but if that was the case the engine would probably overheat and start losing coolant (I think). There's also oil leaking from the front left of the engine - I'm not sure if its coming from the engine itself or maybe one of the pipes.

When starting the car for the first time it ticks over for about 4 - 8 seconds before the engine starts, I'm not sure if its related to the problem above. I was thinking it could be a blocked heater matrix but I'm not sure how that would affect the engine ticking over. The temperature gauge usually sits at 50 for a good half hour after driving and eventually goes up to 90 and stays there.

I really need to get to the bottom of this before I start spending silly money on repairs, I just lost an engine on my old Seat and the head gasket on this one doesn't sound like something I really wanna deal with to be honest. If you guys could help me get to the bottom of this I'd really appreciate it.

Also, its had a DPF delete and and EGR delete - I bought it like this.

Thank you!

Hammy786

May 13, 2018
Cracked oil cooler would mix oil and water.

Are the pipes pressurising or any sign of bubbles in the header tank?

Thank you for your reply.
I'm not sure what or where the header tank is, sometimes when I open the coolant tank there are bubbles, like a frothy foam floating on the surface and it gets quite hot - I don't open it straight after I stop the car, I usually leave it for about an hour and its still hot.
I dunno how to check the pipes :p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.