Oil leak. Name of Pipe?

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Ok I have just found out where my small oil leak is coming from on the Ibiza.
So next question would would you call it and does anybody have and ideas on the part number as I need to phone my local dealer (its 40 miles away) and I could do with getting it right as they are dam rubish at getting parts for me.

So the engine code is AHU and its the pipe coming from the bottom of the engine at the front (next to the oil filter) and goes to near the top of the block. I am guessing its the oil pick up pipe but as I say thats just a guess.
Many thanks for you help on this.

robepton

Practical performance!!!!
Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
Can't you just go to a vw, audi or skoda garage that is closer to you. From my experience they can just stick ya registration in in computer and bring a picture straight up or you could try loking on

www.vagcat.com

although you do have to register.

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
Was going to say that last night as i saw it in the audi A3 haynes we have at college (same engine) Im going for turbo feed but a picture would help :)

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
GTV wrote

the pipe coming from the bottom of the engine at the front (next to the oil filter) and goes to near the top of the block.

A picture would really help here. I'm having to rely on my memory of my old Ibiza TDI.

Is this a relatively large diameter, black, rubber-like hose, mostly vertical? If so, my bet would be the crankcase breather. It should come from the bottom of the block and go to a plastic valve on top of the cam cover, and then on to the intake duct.

The turbocharger oil feed is a narrow metal pipe attached to the filter housing by a banjo and going horizontally round the engine and down to the turbo bearing itself, as far as I remember.

Pictures, even of just the ends of the pipe, will help.

paddeh

Apr 20, 2008
GTV wrote

the pipe coming from the bottom of the engine at the front (next to the oil filter) and goes to near the top of the block.

A picture would really help here. I'm having to rely on my memory of my old Ibiza TDI.

Is this a relatively large diameter, black, rubber-like hose, mostly vertical? If so, my bet would be the crankcase breather. It should come from the bottom of the block and go to a plastic valve on top of the cam cover, and then on to the intake duct.

The turbocharger oil feed is a narrow metal pipe attached to the filter housing by a banjo and going horizontally round the engine and down to the turbo bearing itself, as far as I remember.

Wouldnt expect the CCV pipe to be the cause of an oil "leak" tbh

If it is the oil feed to the turbo you should get it sorted asap really.

Pictures will ofc confirm this.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Crankcase fumes are oily and a split breather will weep oil - enough to be noticed but not as a gusher. Turbo pipe is under full pressure, so any leak is likely to be more serious.

paddeh

Apr 20, 2008
GTV wrote

Wouldnt expect the CCV pipe to be the cause of an oil "leak" tbh

If it is the oil feed to the turbo you should get it sorted asap really.

Pictures will ofc confirm this.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.