oil pressure gauges

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
need a bit of advice, if fitting an electronic gauge for the oil sensor will i need to buy any sensors/sender to make it work or do i just connect off one of the wires on the sensor?

thanks

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
you'd have to tap into the oil system and run a line to the gauge, i dont think you can get an electronic reading on a leon without putting in a sender in.

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
the seller advised that the gauge will come with senders and enough wiring so i am hoping this isnt gonna be to hard to fit.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
i dont think any pressure gauges run electronicly they normally have a pipe that runs from a stud in the engine which is tapped into the oil system, this forces the oil up the gauge, into it and this moves the needle.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
i dont think any pressure gauges run electronicly they normally have a pipe that runs from a stud in the engine which is tapped into the oil system, this forces the oil up the gauge, into it and this moves the needle.
Capillary oil gauges are old hat there are senders now that you put in the block and send an electronic signal to the dash.
Astra GTE's were doing this in 1990 ;)

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
phew, thats a relief, I was getting worried there. i suppose the vdo gauges are similar then with vdo senders being used in vw's/audi's.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.