OMG New Pricing!!!!!!!!!

Smiler-MK2

Fear The Inferi
Dec 2, 2007
Cheshire
Went onto the seat .co.uk site to spec my seat (thank god ive ordered already)

The New prices are up for the cupra

Std £19995
Xenons £970:-o

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
F**K!

So the Cupra has basically gone up by £1270?

Maybe Seat arn't bothered about selling cars anymore, they have done it just to make existing cars more exclusive? :p

Metallic colours are £360, up by £10.

The FR Petrol is up by £245 too.
The price of Bi-Xenons on the FR is £100 less than the Cupra, could be a mistake?
I'm sure I was told that the Cupra with Xenons was £20,500, £20965 is very uncompetitive.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Just compared against the RRP when I got mine (just before the previous rise), the difference for the same spec is £1368

Looks like metallic paint has gone up by £10 too.

This should help the resale value for people with Cupras already though.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
The Sat-Nav on the FR is also considerably cheaper than the Cupra.

:confused:

All a very confusing this decision by SEAT, unless they are trying to maintain (or at least the image of) exclusivity for the Cupra.

£2500 is a big premium to pay over the FR though, SEAT already get a slating in a number of magazines for the Cupra being overpriced.

I suppose by making the options more expensive than the FR it is easy money. Somebody buying a Cupra is generally someone who really really wants one and will put up with paying extra for the options just to get the exact spec they want.

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Just glad I order my Cupra early December:D

I defo wouldent have ordered the xenons as an extra, too expensive:cry:

Only 22.5 days to go before it arrives!!!!:funk::clap::clap:

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
I would urge anyone with a factory order for a cupra to check their car will arrive with the xenons on its price protected but not sure about spec.............

Smiler-MK2

Fear The Inferi
Dec 2, 2007
Cheshire
I would urge anyone with a factory order for a cupra to check their car will arrive with the xenons on its price protected but not sure about spec.............
Well said that man!

Before i ordered mine late dec i joined this website to do some homework
How glad i am now,what with all the bloody mess seat have done just lately.
I had the dealer put down in writing all the options inc xenons with AFS
lets hope it turns up like that
Will keep you posted

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
They are trying to do what BMW have done with the mini by trying to keep prices high, and by limiting build numbers keeps demand high.This all helps to stop value of cupra dropping,only problem is that alot more people wanted the mini,at cupra's pricing i would rarther have new golf gti which isnt much dearer and would be worth more second hand value.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
They are trying to do what BMW have done with the mini by trying to keep prices high, and by limiting build numbers keeps demand high.This all helps to stop value of cupra dropping,only problem is that alot more people wanted the mini,at cupra's pricing i would rarther have new golf gti which isnt much dearer and would be worth more second hand value.

Not the Edition30, which is what you need to buy to match the Cupra like for like. You'll need around an extra £5k.

Otherwise may aswell buy an FR, same engine as the regular Golf GTi and save some money to boot.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Not the Edition30, which is what you need to buy to match the Cupra like for like. You'll need around an extra £5k.

Otherwise may aswell buy an FR, same engine as the regular Golf GTi and save some money to boot.

And with the FR and its GTi spec'd 200PS K03s turbo engine, have a car thats not gonna be superseded in the near future unlike the MK5 Golf GTi ;)

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I looked at a Golf GTi and agree that you're looking at £4K to £5K more for the same spec. Even the Ed 30 isn't as powerful as the Cupra.

I also though the supply of the Mini was limited due to production being a maximum capacity for the plant. Something which was supposed to be rectified with the mark 3.

The Mini and the Cupra aren't in the same league. My choice was between Mini Cooper S, Golf GTi (as I was told in May the Ed 30 was no longer available ?) and the Cupra. My signature speaks for itself which is the better car :D

Oh and the wait for a Cupra was at the time longer than a Mini Cooper S from the factory...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.