once upon a time there was a VERY standard seat leon mk2 TDI..

Deleted member 128267

can anyone also give me a way to be able to post some videos on here?
used carista for some coding and want to share what ive done.
thanks!

Deleted member 128267

D3B6FD91-8556-4BB0-A5C9-FD5F7FF5E8D5.jpeg

BTCC kit + Linea R grille ready to be painted and fitted! Will totally transform the Leon ?

Deleted member 128267

You’ll definitely find bits used on eBay gumtree breakers or Facebook mate, I personally couldn’t be arsed for the head ache driving around all over the country picking up individual parts.. hopefully you can find someone that gets rid of a full car btcc that also suits budget

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
I've enjoyed reading your thread and seeing pics of improvements, nice not seeing "picture not available" lol. I think your tints really changed the car appearance and definitely can't wait to see that body kit.... Love that kit and I'm well jealous of ya lol good job ?

Deleted member 128267

I've enjoyed reading your thread and seeing pics of improvements, nice not seeing "picture not available" lol. I think your tints really changed the car appearance and definitely can't wait to see that body kit.... Love that kit and I'm well jealous of ya lol good job ?

really appreciate that mate, thanks for the generous words. I agree with the tints, I think it changes the look of any car and just gives it that stealthy look.
havent yet seen a btcc in this colour, they must be about but not much so can’t wait to share it. Much more to come too mate keep a eye out??

Deleted member 128267

Lights needed a upgrade. Who else hates the horrible yellow??
I went with the company nighteyes. Side lights /H7/H3 (fogs) were changed.
Awell as led number plate kit installed and all interior lights and boot light changed.
Also changed both sun visor mirror Lights.
I had used these nighteyes on a Astra vxr in the past and they were absolutely wonderful however not in awe of them on the Leon and will definitely look into something better. Visibility is not bad but could be better! Also thinking of changing the interior lights to blue but more of that to revealed soon. For now these cheap lights will do!
pictures below with one before picture as forgot to take the rest?I expect you all know what the ugly yellow lighting looks like!
D7E83BE1-9110-4490-87D6-8F5B5CBEF7F9.jpeg
DB3431B7-49D7-44FC-AF5C-294FFFE7B9EE.jpeg
982C053C-395E-4252-9B8D-84F7095969D5.jpeg
B3CCDF6B-B0DA-4F22-A9EB-E34BD35F67D4.jpeg
82A02637-CAF9-473F-9E1F-D0F73449B486.jpeg
4AF3BEC2-6E77-432C-B671-10E7513E3A19.jpeg
0E9D941E-0407-4493-85EF-972F1D96F3A2.jpeg

Attachments

• CA89397B-7D3F-46B5-AB71-229EA3EC393D.jpeg
    CA89397B-7D3F-46B5-AB71-229EA3EC393D.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 100

Deleted member 128267

Bit of coding done?nothing too fancy, just wish I could’ve changed kph to mph but apparently not possible with my dash! Tried everything - changing country to rest of world or Australia - was the option for it every time I’d tick it wouldn’t work! Shame because I absolutely hate the kph.

I ended up getting the following done -

seat belt delete

Fog lights as DRL’s

Acoustic lock

Welcome home lights

Adaptive lights

Fogs turn off with high beam

Needle sweep

Emergency brake light flasher

uploaded a few videos on YouTube just to show you lot as website doesn’t allow videos to be posted! Sorry about the tractor sound?after all it’s a bloody diesel !

Any one know why recently when folding my mirrors with my key, my drivers side folds up but passenger side doesn’t! And sometimes they both fold up, however when I put key in ignition one side folds down but other side doesn’t. Quite funny actually?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'd be careful with the folding mirrors. I always leave mine out if I can when it's really cold. They tend to freeze and stick. My passenger side got completely stuck last winter... I prised the glass out, took the cap off and shove a boat load of grease in the mechanism.

Deleted member 128267

I'd be careful with the folding mirrors. I always leave mine out if I can when it's really cold. They tend to freeze and stick. My passenger side got completely stuck last winter... I prised the glass out, took the cap off and shove a boat load of grease in the mechanism.

your right mate, happened with my driver side today as was icy overnight. It took a bit of force but came undone although is quite loose now gonna use gorilla glue maybe to make it firm. the rd I live on is very narrow and been many times I’ve woken up and mirror clipped so have no choice to fold up that’s the problem!

Deleted member 128267

Fitted a head unit in for some more interior glam. Wanted that OEM look after previously having the likes of pioneer in older cars I’ve owned. Bought the RCD330, steering controls work and no battery drainage issues. Apple car play, mirror link and android auto - loving the car play I must say! Rear sensors working as they was before, just need to install the rear camera when I have some time. Have got the rca ready! Audio quality is superb, Spotify and YouTube premium is wicked. Also has Bluetooth and radio. Have looked into removing the vw start up logo and the app on the screen but seems too complicated for me. Hopefully you lot come through for me. Something special coming with the interior soon - for now just blue wires mats and key cover but more blue coming soon.
Few maintenance bits and bobs to do next so slowing down on the mods.. just a tad bit! Some pictures below.
CDF8746C-F4B7-4C67-ACB0-95B29F69F003.jpeg
14A471F7-0EF8-4EB8-86B6-56720FF3ABFE.jpeg
92324CA9-7049-4C69-8D71-E8DC5AD5AC2E.png
D501F756-32C4-414E-8CB3-5BA589524C17.jpeg
F062CC94-0F95-44FB-B034-845A3C47AFAD.jpeg
B7B37B6D-AC5C-46BF-B318-4D1737C421B9.jpeg
image.jpg

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Nice, is that a genuine RCD 330? And what revision? You mention bluetooth... Is that the only bluetooth device you have or do you have the module under your seat too? Cus I'm wondering if your able to stream music from the phone to play. I've read alot about radios and it gives me a headache I originally wanted the Rns510 and then I'd need the module for A2DP and was looking at an arm and a leg just to play music from my phone I currently have what you had in there.

Deleted member 128267

Nice, is that a genuine RCD 330? And what revision? You mention bluetooth... Is that the only bluetooth device you have or do you have the module under your seat too? Cus I'm wondering if your able to stream music from the phone to play. I've read alot about radios and it gives me a headache I originally wanted the Rns510 and then I'd need the module for A2DP and was looking at an arm and a leg just to play music from my phone I currently have what you had in there.

yes mate it’s gen for sure these come out of vws.. I actually didn’t pick this up from China or eBay but rather U.K. company.
it’s the only Bluetooth device built into the head unit mate. Yes can play music from phone receive calls etc. Sometimes you can’t be bothered to plug in the wire for car play so Bluetooth does the job. If you look at one of the pics it’s Bluetooth with a song from my phone playing . I know there are devices you can getsmall Bluetooth ones to fit behind the original stereo and connect to Bluetooth that way. They only about £50

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Hmm interesting cus needing that module under your seat kind of crushed my dreams, but this has got me intrigued again now, looks so much better than the other one only thing I like about it is the red colour lol. Rear cameras is a nice feature to have too but I'd want it oem/discreet some of the ones I've seem on the backs look hideous. Plus it depends on the difficulty of installing them.

Deleted member 128267

My colours all being changed to blue soon anyway so wasn’t a factor?oem are wicked the boot release types but cost £250 a pop so puts a dent in that !

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
How's your bonnet lining? Was your scuttle fixed/sealed prior to your ownership or something you plan on doing if your aware of it.

Deleted member 128267

How's your bonnet lining? Was your scuttle fixed/sealed prior to your ownership or something you plan on doing if your aware of it.

insulation looks good for now, heard if you replace it will
Happen again just a silly feature eh

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Yeah there's a few guides on here that people tried.... Some worked some didn't, thankfully mines worked cus my is all saggy and it really did my head in... That's the only thing I've done to my car as of now lol I do want a catback or turbo back, revo intake stage 1 and new stereo but it's just the cost... Plus my wife will hate me "wasting money on it" she'd say.

Needfor

Apr 14, 2020
Hey! Beautiful work you've done there!
I was surprised to see another leon mk2 with the same color as mine haha. I've got the 1.4 TSI manual for about a year.
I've done a lot to mine! But from the big things that I did was Cupra R spoiler, changing from stock 16" like yours to stock FR 17", I like those. and a full car body repaint.
I like to try and leave the car to look as much stock as possible haha.
111.jpg
222.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.