opinions on lsd, atb diff

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
right guys i need you to make a desicion for me....:p

is a peloquins or quaife really worth fitting for the price on my leon cupra, i dont track the car and dont really drive it majorly hard on the roads....

i have a spare bit of cash, and want to blow it on my car.

is it worth fitting the diff for the driving i do or would i be better spending the cash on mods such as.

cat back to go with my dp and sports cat
ina engine mounts incl db
uprated polybushes all round
s3 lower brace
ds2500s for the brembos
325mm discs

i have already

1. p-torque stage 2 map 228bhp
2. s3 upper brace
3. k&n induction
4. forge 007p
5. porsche 996 brembos
6. inovit cts 18s
7. shocks and springs lowered 30mm all round
8. whiteline rear arb
9. milltek 2.5 inch dp and sports cat
10. 6000k hids

oipinions welcome and any critism taken on board

cheers in advance guys and any other i missed welcome:help:

Last edited:

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
although i would love a diff, and was nice on my FRS i would only buy one if i did alot more track. id spend it on other mods to improve the handling.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Not worth it if you don't do trackdays or drive hard. I'd get a CAT-back exhaust if you have a DP and sports CAT already, plus a lower front strut brace as it makes more of a difference than the upper one.

The ATB dif is awesome though and makes a huge difference when driven hard.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
thats the answer i was looking for tbh.

so what mods do you think would be worth doing for around the £600 mark as i dont need to spend it all on a diff

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
An LSD does make a difference to 'normal-moderate' driving. The pull you get on tighter bends and roundabout reminds you why you spent all that money on one :)

But as said before I think there are other mods first and you won't get one fitted for £600..

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
i know not 600, i have 1300 cash to blow, but obviously if it isnt 100%worth it for day to day driveng then ill spend less on other mods that are more worth it in affect

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I personally would get a few other things done handling wise etc before looking towards the diff. If you have a DP and cat then as Rob mentioned, go for the cat back and a couple of other extra bits to set you on the road to getting the best from a Diff. I'd look at things like the front ARB etc first.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
lc has front arb alreadfy and matches the 22mm whiteline nicely.

handling is great at the minute... what noticeable difference is the cat back going to make other than a louder exhaust note