opinions please!

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Ant FR said:
Gaz if you want i had a good one on my FR for a while, 20v with Turbo underneath it.

like below, i still have the 20v bit sitting on my desk if you want i'll bang it in the post for ya as i was gonna throw it away, you will just need to add some trim tape to the back. let me know by PM, looked like this

mynewcarbits013.jpg

Looks good tho i'm considering just de badging mine and putting tdi sport alloys on painted dark grey - just to stealth her up a little more!

gazjones

thanx ant will think about it but think about seat 20v red t at then mo but will look more when they are off and i have the fr badge on it!

gazjones

finally got my fr badge for the rear of the car and just ned to put red t on the 20vt badge what do you think?
Photo-0086.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gazjones

put the red t on today looks ok bit hard to see but makes it look better i think having bits of red in it like the tdi badges do!

Deleted member 13581

I wasnt sure either of what badges to keep on.

After i got the REVO remap i thought i would take the TDi badge off mine. But Went full hog and removed them all.

Must say cleaning has become a lot easier, and personally i think it looks great aswell.

jimbo_w

Just to be a pain in the arse Gaz I think swaping the badges around would look even better :D

Been thinking about doing that with mine for a while (though with TDI instead of 20vt :p )

gazjones

i want it different as i dont like the fr on the right also i want it to read fr 20vt not 20vt fr but its your own personal choice really

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
can i ask some really dumb questions?

how do you remove these badges that are stuck on the car?

The TDi badges underneath the side repeaters are the ones i want to remove, as the RED colouring is peeling off. These have to go! ;) lol What do i use to remove them, and will the paintwork still be intact underneath once removed?

My car is getting revo'd in November, so hopefully will get a nice decal to pose with at work! lol

Cheers as always

Brett.

gazjones

get some cotton and cut the sticky pad off the back of the badge , using the cotton like a saw then just pick the rest off the paint work then clean the area. also warming up the badge with hair drier will make the sticky bits come off the paint better

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
I'd go for no badges at all, there's other ways of communicating what you have under the bonnet and basically any badge will cause the same difficult cleaning issues.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise