Options affecting Leon lead times

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018
3 weeks just to accept the order.... :wtf: not exactly an amazon prime delivery service lol
I didn't say when I received the factory acceptance. It has been 3 weeks since ordering but the factory accepted the order in the first week.

silles

May 4, 2017
I didn't say when I received the factory acceptance. It has been 3 weeks since ordering but the factory accepted the order in the first week.

ah ok, i see, I ordered mine 10 days ago, but haven't heard anything :(

KUSHTY

Jul 6, 2017
Cambridge
So after waiting since October for my car to arrive it finally has. However, I got a lovely phone call today to inform me that the camera pack was missed off of my order. They are looking into what they can do (originally a full tank of fuel was offered.. really!). Does anyone know if a rear camera can be installed at a Seat dealership or factory only?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Cameras can be retro-fitted can't imagine the dealer wanting to do this though, and it means running cables through a new car. Also more expensive than factory.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Mine was confirmed build week 5, turns out it was built at the beginning of week 4 and actually arrived in the UK at the end of week 5

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hi mate,
Spoke with CS today and strangely they quoted me another 3 weeks saying the car had been built but hadn't reached port yet.

They said it may just be that there have been no further updates or our orders are on different ships.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
So after waiting since October for my car to arrive it finally has. However, I got a lovely phone call today to inform me that the camera pack was missed off of my order. They are looking into what they can do (originally a full tank of fuel was offered.. really!). Does anyone know if a rear camera can be installed at a Seat dealership or factory only?

Well this is a bit of a crap situation to be in. As Nokia said, I highly doubt your dealer will want to try and retrofit cameras, and a tank of fuel certainly doesn’t cover the mess up in my eyes.

Ask them to get another order in and put you in a courtesy car until it arrives :p

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018

That sucks indeed and worries me a little about my order. I have only added ACC but I would be very annoyed if it turned up without that, or worse still without the DSG option. I assume customer services can confirm what options are on the order, but judging by your case and a couple others on here, it doesn't guarantee it.

Last edited:

Per

Dec 19, 2017

The camera is a £250 or so option. If its fuel they're offering then it would need to be somewhat more than a tank full!

Presumably your price is reduced by the cost of the camera?

I'd be tempted to reject the car and leave the dealer with the car as stock - they've cocked up. Maybe go to a different dealer and re-order - yes it's a painful wait but you'd get what you want in terms of spec.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Hi mate,
Spoke with CS today and strangely they quoted me another 3 weeks saying the car had been built but hadn't reached port yet.

They said it may just be that there have been no further updates or our orders are on different ships.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Very odd! We spoke with our dealer today who's said they're expecting the car at the dealer this week.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Ask yourself, do you really need a reverse camera on a car the size of the Leon? Lol

There's no reason why they can't but I'm sure they'll find a reason as to why they won't.

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Incompetence is impressive!

I hope my stock car comes with lots of goodies somebody forgets to notice..!

Cheeseater

Dec 17, 2017
Ordered cupra ST on the 6th of December, was told yesterday by the dealer that it will be here in March and ready to collect the 1st April. Happily surprised as my current three year lease runs out on the 6th so I won’t have to service and MOT it.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

You can buy the kit so no reason why the stealer cant fit it

http://www.vag-shop.co.uk/seat-leon-oem-rear-view-camera-retrofit-kit.html

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.