Ordered a newish mk4 Ibiza ;)

Jun 14, 2009
Hi,

This is my first time in the mk4 section, but i will hopefully be driving a mk4 soon. I have ordered a 07 plate Ibiza from the Used approved part of the dealership, and i have to say it is a stunner of a car and can't wait to finally drive it away.

it is a 1.4 sport, with the 85bhp engine that i think is the same as the new shape Ibizas, and the car gives a nice warm growl sound when you put your foot down a bit (weather this is an uprated exhaust backbox you get on the sport, i dont know...). At the moment i am just waiting for the finance to get approved, then i can go in and sort it out and then hopefully the next day i will be able to drive it away. Compared to the mk2 that i was driving before, it feels much more roomier, the engine sounds much more quiter, and the brakes are quite good considering it only has drums in the rear.

It has the Cupra style honeycomb mesh thing on the front and fog lights which make it very sporty, and some very nice sport seats that are very comfy when i was test driving the car :). I surely can't wait to get a hold of the car at last!

Yours sincerly,
A mk2 owner

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Welcome :)

24x3rqu.jpg

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Welcome to MK4 world Buddy ;)

The best thing about the mk4 is that they all look sporty as standard.
When you get a chance some 17" FR or Cupra style alloys help finish the look ;)

Best of luck

Jun 14, 2009
Well i got it last saturday and i am not impressed. Creaky seat everytime you get in and shift gears, and worst of all wind noise (a lot of it) comming from wing mirror. Took it in for repair today and got a mk5 Ibiza 1.4 as a courtosy car (at least that car dosnt have wind noise) and got it back at half 4ish today, but suprise suprise the noise is back dispite a new seal going around the wing mirror.

The dealership themselves said its a common problem, but how come there is no solution!? What can i do because i dont want that noise to be there everytime i am on the motorway :(. Even my old mk2 never had these problems.. Its booked back in for repair next monday and all they can do is wax the wing mirror or something like that :(.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I had one on my first MK4 noisy as balls.
I took it back maybe... 10 times, In the end I gave up.
I then had a brand new Derv Sportrider... and it was fine

Now I have the Cupra same bloody noise

Jun 14, 2009
Debating wether to write in and call quits, or get custom wingmirrors instead. The mirrors are small in the mk4s anyway. I don't feel right having to finance a car where there is going to be that constant annoying problem :(.

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
They waxed mine when I got it seemed to work fine. However mk4 are just a toddlers rattle therefore if your that bothered about them you will spend half the time owning the car tryin to fix the rattles and that's rubbish! Think of it as character! Lol

Guven8

i never really hear any rattles in my car... i am always blasting my music tho so that probs why lol

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
i think the noise is triggered by the mirror caps, before when i had the standard FR caps it was like having pop eye sitting on the mirror whilstling away, since i have gone to the cupra caps which fit better, gloss finish and with much smaller gaps the noise is much less apparant and alot more tolerable.

We can all sympathise mate, mk4's do have their fair share of problem, but you'll love em in the end, stick with it, and the car will duely reward you :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.