Seat Ibiza Reference Sport 2007 1.4 tdi Coil light

Aug 21, 2023
Hello all, looking for some help with our Ibiza. It started off with car cutting out intermittently whilst driving, the coil light would come on and then the abs light. On restarting the car, it would fire up straight away. I took it my local garage who I have used for years. They read the codes and it came up with the crankshaft sensor which they replaced.
Everything went ok for a day or two but then whilst driving the coil light shows up for a just a split second and the engine kind of hesitated in line with the light. Now the problem has gotten slightly worse. The car sometimes would drive for miles, really smoothly with no problem and now, still intermittently but more frequently the coil light flashes the same as before and now again the engine cuts out.
I've taken the car back to the garage to get the codes read again but nothing is coming up, it is very difficult to replicate the problem.
As the garage have nothing to go by to fix the source, they have suggest to begin with to replace the multifunction relay 1J0906381A to see if that helps.
I really don't want to throw too much money into the car but would like to fix it as I am looking to sell it very soon as I have two other cars and that is one too many..lol.
Has anybody come across this problem or anyone with any further advise to help me fix this issue.
I've done some reading on this forum and the camshaft position sensor has come up a few times as a possibility?
Thanks in advance.

Aug 21, 2023
Just an update.
Got it fixed and it did turn out to be the ECU multifunction relay (1J0906381A) Relay number 109.
Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members