Over heating issue.....

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Hi guys, can you help me, I've just had a call from my cousin, who has an Ibiza Cupra, and he said his temp guage hit the dizzy heights of the top of the gauge this morning, and he got the beeps.
He was stuck in traffic this morning for a while, and then got the beeps. When he got moving again the temp seemed to drop a little.

He's told me that the water pump has been replaced, and he believes its with a metal impellor version.

What he did say is that when he got to work he checked the engine coolant level, and it was well above max. When he undid the top in the header a little, he said steam started to come out of the header, but not from the lid, but it appeared from the bottom, where the coolant also leaked, but when he closed the lid again, the steam and the leaking (which he could not see where any liquid was escaping from) Stopped.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I'll try to pop to see the car at lunch time, but if he couldn't see anything when it was happening, I doubt i'm gonna be able to,

further questions:
1) Why would the level be above the max, when he only fills it upto the max?
2) Is there some kind of outlet on the header to let out any pressure? I dont believe that there is, so maybe its an issue with the header, possibly split??

May 25, 2008
cambs
have you checked the fuses on top of the battery? the far right one controls the cooling fans .just a thought?

Mike_08

meh.
Jun 29, 2009
Birmingham, West Midlands
Got the exact same problem with mine atm mate iv been advised (SCN) that it could be the water pump (Thats on mine) Im currently waiting for someone to come out to have a look at it for me, Don't want to risk driving it.

If it gets sorted out mate please give me a PM and let me know what problems you find

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise