paintwork bubbling

fat andy

Jun 7, 2005
Nottingham
My 02 Ibiza is getting bubbles under the paintwork on the sills below the bottom front corner of each door, looks like its rusting from the inside, does anyone know if this is covered under the anti corrosion warranty as my 3 year one has run out or has anyone had the same problem? Shouldn't really be doing it on an 02 car.

Triple D

I had a slight bubble on my boot lid, were the paint had a reaction underneith with some chemicals that hadnt been cleaned off correctly before they sprayed it.

gazjones

if it is rust underneath you will be able to get it sorted under the anti corrosion warenty!

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
I got a similar problem, but its been like that since day 1 so i thought nothing of it. I thought it was some anti-corrosion stuff.

Will post a picture of it!

fat andy

Jun 7, 2005
Nottingham
Cheers for the responses,I definitely reckon its rusting undereath as its only recently started on the passenger side,I'll post some pictures

Triple D

You need to host them in somewere like photobucket and then use that.

gazjones

looks like the water has been sitting around that area and somhow got under the paint and anti corrosion protection take it to seat! our cars shouldnt rust for a very long time!

gazjones

or just take it to the dealers first they may be fine with it and sort it out without going to seat uk, but if they do say "no we wont do it", get the car clean and send the pics off with a letter to seat uk asking for it to be sorted out!

gazjones

cant go to seat abvout that though can you lol when i saw it it wasnt bubbling it just looked like they was loads of paint on it and it wasnt fully flat!

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
You could have washed it!

I seem to have something, but think its a paint defect in the area you put the roof racks. Not sure though what happens as do any Seat garages have there own bodyshops?

fat andy

Jun 7, 2005
Nottingham
Yeah the cars not usually that filthy, it got in that state today driving behing trucks in the rain, I'll give the dealers a try and see if they'll sort me out, doubtful mind you as they charged me full whack for the replacement roll bar which came just out of warranty and I later found out that SEAT UK would have contributed half out of good will if the dealer had asked them grr

Triple D

Listers seat has its own bodyshop and they are a bunch of absolute ******s!!!!

If they say ypur car is going there, tell them point blank NO

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
depends when you bought it and how old it is but i'm sure was told my 04 FR had a 10 year paintwork and anti corrosin warrenty