Panoramic roof leak

rodneytrotter

Dec 2, 2014
Thanks for the info re the door, I'll have a look at the seal.

Looking at your submarine video, it's the same amount of water in the same place I was getting (plus more frequent condensation inside when it had been raining).

Good luck with resolving it...

dhi77

Oct 28, 2014
Hi

I have a 2011 Alhambra (bought from new) with the panoramic roof that has leaked water for the past 3 years. We don't use the car everyday so unless we go out in it when it rains we don't always notice the water dripping down the A pillars. I've had the car into the dealership on about 4 / 5 occasions and whilst they are very apologetic they can't replicate the fault and the car comes back 'fixed' but it isn't of course!

When the car started leaking water again last it was out of the 3 year warranty. In fairness to the dealer they agreed to repairs at no cost on the basis that they knew there was a pre-existing fault. Sadly, the water leak started again in May of this year and when it went back to the dealer they again 'fixed' the fault and said that Seat had issued a technical bulletin. Bingo, I thought....

So, today the car is leaking in water again and I went back to the dealership.... They are very apologetic, but they also don't seem any closer to identifying the fault.

This is the 3rd major fault that I've had. We had an issue with the electric sliding doors and the safety sensor stopping them closing, which wasn't resolved for over 18 months. We have a NO3 faulty sensor that was mis-diagnosed by a dealer in Cumbria who said we needed £50 on add blue!

I'm starting to think that I have bought a lemon!

Has anyone else with the leaky roof had this repaired correctly? What has been your experiences with Seat UK?

Had a good experience with SEAT uk, one letter sent shortly an email back from them and phone call, they said first that I would have to pay to see what would need doing to repair the roof, but in the end that never happened.
They also cracked the whip with the selling dealer, they dealer made contact and all the other issues were sorted. (I sent copies of letters sent to dealer to SEAT uk) The only problem is the sun blind never worked right after it came back when they fixed the roof.
The dealer in Northern Ireland is a good drive away, I didn't bother chasing it up.