Parking Sensor fitting (Cobra R0394)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
But i will install also the front cobra f0394 , to wire it it's the same positive black_blue ?

No idea but I doubt it!

You'll need to run the front sensors through a switch so that you can turn them on and off. A bit more involved than the rear sensors.

Marouane55

Oct 25, 2015
Thanks for the Post thats help me a lot:)

The cobra F0934 IT INCLUD the switch button that i will remplace it by the original parking button on the dash

Ineed just to know if i will connect the positive front cobra parking sensors in the same positive for the rear sensors ( black,blue)

i didnt know if it will work or not !

Last edited:

monopoly

May 22, 2015
The Cobra punch is 17mm but if you can find a 16mm one I think it would give a better finish. Not tried this but the sensors are not a tight fit in the hole.
Hope this helps.

I actually bought both a 16mm and 17.5mm punch to try both. You're right: I think you could get away with a 16mm hole but when I tried on a test hole (punched in an old bank card) it was quite a tight fit to get the sensor in the hole. Definitely possible, but I was concerned that compressing the outer silicone ring might affect the functioning of the sensors.

I guess the proper answer is just to fork out for the "official" 17mm punch, but I figured going 0.5mm bigger might be better than going 1mm smaller.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I think you could get away with a 16mm hole but when I tried on a test hole it was quite a tight fit to get the sensor in the hole. Definitely possible, but I was concerned that compressing the outer silicone ring might affect the functioning of the sensors.

I've had a look at the OE sensors and the hole is indeed 17mm. The sensor itself is slightly different though. On the OE sensor the silicone ring sits further forward and is almost flush with the surface of the sensor. On the sensors in the R0394 kit the ring is recessed at least a couple of mm so it doesn't fit tightly into the hole like the OE one does.

I don't know why they've made them different but I think a smaller hole will give you a tighter fit with the R0394 sensors. As it is, with a 17mm hole, they don't really seal well at all.

Toms85

Dec 29, 2017
I know that this is quite old - did anyone succeded in making the OPS?

I am having issues with either coding the OPS or it is the wiring.

I have followed the different guides and made all the coding in 5F, 10 & can gateway - still nothing on the screen. But the sensors are working as they should. I get the "beep" sound and everything :)

Br Thomas

Toms85

Dec 29, 2017
Well I got it sorted it out - it was a coding problem.

Solution:

Adaptation Channels
(11)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc change to Activated
(13)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_over_threshold_high change to Activated
(19)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A change to Activated
(20)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A_msg_bus change to Terminal 15
(5)-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-PDC_audio_lowering change to Available
(6)-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-PDC_audio_lowering_msg_bus change to Suspension data bus

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.