Part number - Rear brake splash panel bolts?

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Anyone able to tell me the part number for the bolts which fix the rear brake splash panel? Got two new splash panels but current bolts are not looking great so don't want to make a start without new ones. Can't see them on the etka diagrams.

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Anyone able to tell me the part number for the bolts which fix the rear brake splash panel? Got two new splash panels but current bolts are not looking great so don't want to make a start without new ones. Can't see them on the etka diagrams.

Hello there,

hopefully you've found the bolts you need, but if not I think the items I've listed below are correct, and are the same for rear disc or drum brake set ups.
Plus the new bolts might have thread lock on their thread tips, if not it wouldn't hurt to use some, and you must use new Belleville spring washers, as they're a type of compression washer, so can only really be used the once.
Also you need the correct torque setting for these bolts, which should be in the Haynes manual or on this Forum somewhere.

Stub axle Bolt
Part number N90 758 901

Washer (Belleville spring washer)
Part number 321 501 119A

Hope this helps
Si

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Thanks! I didn't manage to find them so they are still on my to-do list. The current bolts are going need a bit of work to get out so I've left for now and removed the brake disc splash panels on both sides as both seriously corroded. On the plus side, the hubs and bearings were easy to replace! Cheers

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Thanks! I didn't manage to find them so they are still on my to-do list. The current bolts are going need a bit of work to get out so I've left for now and removed the brake disc splash panels on both sides as both seriously corroded. On the plus side, the hubs and bearings were easy to replace! Cheers

No worries ?

I think the bolts are M10 x 30mm and the hex head of bolt I think is about 16mm, so if yours are badly rusted like I've had in the past, they could well of rusted down a few hex socket sizes from 16mm to 14mm or smaller. There's a possibility one or two of them might need drilling out if they're heavily seized in.

You'll need a long 1/2" breaker bar and socket set, some WD40 or other penetrating fluid to spray the bolts in front and from behind.
The breaker bar gives you more leverage to undo the bolts, but once the bolts start moving it's also best to have a look at the back of splash shield, just to double check the whole bolt is moving and not only the head of bolt, if you know what I mean.
If you feel the bolt going tight when you're undoing it, this might be a sign it's close to snapping, so quickly turn it clockwise and spray WD40, then try undoing it again.

You also might need some special extraction sockets, these have serrated teeth that lock on to the head of bolt, but will only lock on in anticlockwise direction. Photo attached below.

The torque setting for these bolts might be on this forum somewhere, but if not I might have the info myself possibly, as I've replaced them on other VAG vehicles.

Hope this helps
Si

Attachments

• irwin-bolt-grip-fastener-remover-5-piece-expansion-set_min_16924_P_1.jpg
    irwin-bolt-grip-fastener-remover-5-piece-expansion-set_min_16924_P_1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 114
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.