Passenger side underbody trim missing - parts question

buffeh

Sep 14, 2023
Hi,

Just bought a 2019 Seat Leon Estate and noticed that I'm missing what appears to be some trim on the passenger side (when comparing to drivers side) The first bit seems to be directly behind the passenger wheel and I noticed it because I saw what looked like some wet insulation hanging down from behind the wheel to the floor. I presume this is some sort of sound proofing? Anyway without the plastic cover the insulation gets wet and I think the glue holding it in fails and it starts to fall out. So I'd like to replace this part.

Finding what the part actually seems difficult. The only thing I've found is on this page: https://www.seatia.com/secon-972.html if you scroll down to the first picture of the wheel area, it's the blue part, which the text describes as: "the guard for the window lifter bracket" but googling that doesn't seem to get me anywhere.

The second missing part is the rest of the side underbody going half way down the car. I'm moderately sure it's this: https://seatdirectparts.co.uk/parts...facelift/seat-leon-2013-2017-side-under-tray/ but not 100%. It's basically the side plastic undertray that runs from the first missing bit halfway down the car.

Any advice on where to source replacements / thoughts appreciated :)

I attached some pictures showing the difference between drivers side (all undertray seems present) to passenger side (side parts missing)

Attachments

• Driver side tray.jpg
    Driver side tray.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Passenger side no tray.jpg
    Passenger side no tray.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Drivers side insulation cover?.jpg
    Drivers side insulation cover?.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Passenger side no insulation cover.jpg
    Passenger side no insulation cover.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 104

cgreggers

Aug 29, 2023
Funny i was doing research into the jacking points on the car and found this thread:

You've found the factory jacking point under that cover. The thread references this video showing a guy replacing this bit of plastic.

There are some part numbers on the video description which might help you. Looks like it's not damaged though so I'm not sure what's causing the issue you're experiencing.

Reactions: RUM4MO

buffeh

Sep 14, 2023
That's very useful thank you.

I think not all cars have insulation stuffed in there (I guess), and as mine does, the lack of the cover means it's got wet and is falling out as you can see in one of my pics. At least I think that's what is happening.

buffeh

Sep 14, 2023
What an incredibly useful website, thanks for the link!

Stupid question - do the brackets demote driver side or passenger side? I'm not familiar with how these things are usually written.
Oh I see it seems brackets mean driver side. Thanks to your link I've found replacement parts online, much appreciated :)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Try and work out how many "retainers" you need and get some of them to avoid having received the undercover panels and have no means to fix them to the car - or are they included as part of the new panels.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Funny i was doing research into the jacking points on the car and found this thread: snip snip

You've found the factory jacking point under that cover. The thread references this video showing a guy replacing this bit of plastic.

There are some part numbers on the video description which might help you. Looks like it's not damaged though so I'm not sure what's causing the issue you're experiencing.
I tried to get my older daughter's man interested to "sorting this out" on her 2019 Leon Cupra when she bought it new, but still nothing has been done.
It would help at Summer/Winter wheel changing time though.

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
I have been through this myself, having to replace one of the long panels that run length of the car and 2 wheel arch liners (Never had a problem in 30 years of driving, but the Leon ones are made of cheese).

I have found that odd number parts are for the left side of the car, and even number parts for right hand side of the car - as you are sitting in it

This is a good website as the original jacking pads go missing

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes I agree about LHS parts being odd numbers and RHS being even, same for LHD and RHD equipment, LHD unique parts have a "1" in the first number group, RHD unique parts have a "2" in the first number group and parts that are not "sided" have a "0" in the first number group.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.