Passenger wing mirror lowering when in reverse

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Is it just me or does it sometimes not return to it's normal position once I have finished reversing?

I am not 100% sure but I am convinced that I have manually reset it back a bit higher a couple of times now...

Last edited:

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Do you have parking sensors as I have just read on the r32oc forum that their passenger mirror tilts when you select reverse too so might be a feature with the sensors, while others without them report their mirrors not adjusting

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Is it just me or does it sometimes now return to it's normal position once I have finished reversing?

I am not 100% sure but I am convinced that I have manually reset it back a bit higher a couple of times now...

Assuming you mean NOT returning, then yes. I've had to adjust it manually because it was too low down when driving forwards. Maybe it doesn't quite return to the correct position each time after reversing. After a few weeks, those differences add up to something noticeable.

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Assuming you mean NOT returning, then yes. I've had to adjust it manually because it was too low down when driving forwards. Maybe it doesn't quite return to the correct position each time after reversing. After a few weeks, those differences add up to something noticeable.

Yes, I meant NOT...

And cool, not the worst thing in the world but glad it wasn't just me going a little bit crazy.

scoobysnax

Apr 29, 2003
Macclesfield
Visit site
Wing mirror dip needs L position?

What I think I found is that although the setting in the menu is enabled to dip mirrors when reversing, the wing mirror control needs to be in the L setting to actually work, and even then it doesn't dip very far.

If the mirror control is in the middle/0 or R position, nothing happens.

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
What I think I found is that although the setting in the menu is enabled to dip mirrors when reversing, the wing mirror control needs to be in the L setting to actually work, and even then it doesn't dip very far.

If the mirror control is in the middle/0 or R position, nothing happens.

Yes, IIRC it does say it needs to be on L in the instruction manual. The lowering is not the problem (although I agree it doesn't go very far), it is the returning to normal when you go back into first gear and drive off.

slo007

Jun 15, 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
Is it just me or does it sometimes not return to it's normal position once I have finished reversing?

I had similar problems in my Golf mk6 and took the car to the dealer. They did some sort of reset and it worked fine afterwards.

Keep in mind you have to drive away and be over 15mph for the mirror to return to position. Simply taking the gear out of reverse won't do it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.