Performance manifold for k04 hybrid

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
hi, car is built and nearly there for a map. I’m looking for a decent manifold to flow better for my set up. Bill don’t sell his separate so looking for a solution for myself and everyone else that builds their cars.

My turbo is the aet 380 k04

If anyone is selling a manifold that’s suitable please let me know and if you guys have any links.

It would be good to get a solution the worlds a big place I’m sure they’re out there.

Cheers

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Screenshot_20191018-201333_Samsung Internet.jpg

Give this bloke a message threw Facebook. He has a chinafold like the ones bill sells. He is breaking the car.

Reactions: Damien Wood

lightup

May 27, 2019
I saw this on ebay that looked promising but cant vouch for it

Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/382348235562

Maybe @Mamic172 @Leon20vt4 @lightup could point you in the right direction

i had that one but sold it, it gives good flow but all ancestor where prone to cracking over time so, i didnt want to gamble it.(other than that it takes around 4 hours to fit) . iwent for a oem manifold, but my aim was 300hp. i would go for the chinafold like mamic said and port that one.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
i had that one but sold it, it gives good flow but all ancestor where prone to cracking over time so, i didnt want to gamble it.(other than that it takes around 4 hours to fit) . iwent for a oem manifold, but my aim was 300hp. i would go for the chinafold like mamic said and port that one.
Yeah I here ya mate

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
Turns out we have quiet a few options lads. I found a German company that do them, Direnza with lifetime warranty and thanks to a top member I should have my hands on ported chinafold soon. It’s good we look out for each other on this forum, we are not as limited as we think when it comes to getting bits. Also the USA have options also.

lightup

May 27, 2019
i think the chinafold is one off the best options for the k04. but it needs porting to get most out of it.

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
i think the chinafold is one off the best options for the k04. but it needs porting to get most out of it.
That’s what thought but for that price it should be done. Direnza do one which looks almost identical to the v4 and offer lifetime warranty. Xs have offered me a relentless v4 also with life time warranty and they say cracking is no more with the 3mm steel. I just don’t know yet, I don’t want to get ripped off.

lightup

May 27, 2019
yeah i felt the same. had a xs one second hand. looked fine but i sold it. not gonna waste 4 hours to put it on. even the JBS manifold had good reviews but a dutch guy here had one that cracked. the chinafold is based on that one.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
So just to throw it out there, with exhaust manifold I'm going to be running the AET k04-380 and I want a tubular manifold to help with all that heat.

Has anyone seen any options or am I going to have to get a custom one made.

I'm also after a 3.5" to 3" downpipe.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
So just to throw it out there, with exhaust manifold I'm going to be running the AET k04-380 and I want a tubular manifold to help with all that heat.

Has anyone seen any options or am I going to have to get a custom one made.

I'm also after a 3.5" to 3" downpipe.

Save yourself the head ache and buy the package from bagder5. I wish I did but didn’t know of it. There are options though and direnza offer lifetime warranty on there manifold. I’m swayed to this one, it’s free flowing, equal length and a good price. I personally feel it’s time to try other stuff out and try and out perform what’s we know of. If I did it again I would go Garret and have a bigger choice of manifolds.

Reactions: Manic172

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Save yourself the head ache and buy the package from bagder5. I wish I did but didn’t know of it. There are options though and direnza offer lifetime warranty on there manifold. I’m swayed to this one, it’s free flowing, equal length and a good price. I personally feel it’s time to try other stuff out and try and out perform what’s we know of. If I did it again I would go Garret and have a bigger choice of manifolds.
I just like the 380 because that's exactly where I'm heading not for over 400 so turbo suits and it's proven.

What's the garret alternative for same or similar results and cost compared?

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
I just like the 380 because that's exactly where I'm heading not for over 400 so turbo suits and it's proven.

What's the garret alternative for same or similar results and cost compared?

Just go on the Garrett website mate and Just pick the same flange fitment to the after market mani and see your turbo options.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Did you get a solution in the end? I currently have 2 chinafolds - 1 not ported to match the AET 47mm but brand new and a second one that’s got a few unhealthy cracks so I’m stuffed and don’t fancy buying a third chinafold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.