Performance Torque Remap

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
Hi guys,

Yesterday I finally went to Will at P-torque and got him to work his magic!

Just wondering what figures you guys out there have acheived from a stage one P-torque map?
My final figures were 250bhp and 291 torque. Will has tweeked the 250bhp to run right through to 6000rpm which really is noticable and enjoyable. ;)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
yep, stage one, but I don't think i'd get that torque figure again; it was overboosting at the time, since the issue has been resolved it hasn't been on rollers..

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
wow! well they are impressive figures!
did you have any other mods done before the remap?

forge tip, n249 bypass, green cotton panel filter in smoothed and drilled box, forge 007p; that is it engine wise.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
doubt it, i've got rid of the bypass as it was putting me into limp mode on part throttle :(

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
it means the dump valve operates purely on vacuum pressure in the intake mani, and so the ecu can't over-ride its function; the result is that is reacts a lot quicker, so mid throttle pick up in much better and the car generally feels more urgent.

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
i thought the forge tip was just a stronger hose. how would this make difference in power then lads? It is something i am going to be doing very very soon though

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
i thought the forge tip was just a stronger hose. how would this make difference in power then lads? It is something i am going to be doing very very soon though

It doesn't collapse under boost and it is far wider than the standard TIP. Its not the best comparison but all other engine mods being roughly equal between my last Leon and the one I have now, my present one makes 235bhp and the last one made 225bhp, both with about 250lbs/ft of torque. The only difference is the Forge TIP.

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
oh ok then, looks like ill be getting the TIP sooner than i thought i would then lol. Have to admit these cars remapped are amazing!!! i don't want to get out of it lol

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
oh ok then, looks like ill be getting the TIP sooner than i thought i would then lol. Have to admit these cars remapped are amazing!!! i don't want to get out of it lol

Thats why I've had 4 of them, you just don't find anything directly comparable for anywhere near the same price. My Ovni Leon is here to stay though, I definitely won't be selling her anytime soon.

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
hiya R69...

Ive just clicked on the "clicky" and have just been reading your review (if its yours, sorry if it isnt) and youve put this:

"Conclusion.
Well the figures speak for themselves. Apart from the problem of hesitation I have during early acceleration, peak air flow through the uprated Forge TIP is up by around 18-20 g/s or, an average of 10-15% over the stock TIP. This is certainly felt during acceleration, with top end performance certainly being improved."

Just wanted to ask you where youve typed this "Apart from the problem of hesitation I have during early acceleration" - is that just on your car? or would that happen on all LCR's once the stock TIP is changed to the Forge one??

thanks

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
hiya R69...

Ive just clicked on the "clicky" and have just been reading your review (if its yours, sorry if it isnt)...

Just wanted to ask you where youve typed this "Apart from the problem of hesitation I have during early acceleration" - is that just on your car? or would that happen on all LCR's once the stock TIP is changed to the Forge one??

thanks

:shrug:

no not my review or my car - just something I came across after a Googley-Woogley! :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.