Permanent Fuse

carl^

Feb 16, 2021
Got a parking dash which needs both the normal "ACC" fuse connection (searching here I can see #40 for the 12V socket is logical/popular) but also needs "12V+" (permanent) connection and I'm drawing a blank on which of the fuses would work for this.

Is #27 "interior lights" live when the ignition off?

Or any ideas what the (empty) #14 taxi one does?

I don't really want to go poking around with the multimeter if I can avoid it / your input is appreciated.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Reactions: carl^

carl^

Feb 16, 2021
That is useful thanks, looks like they're using #44 for the trailer for the permanent if its the same layout, that one is empty so I can give it a try with little risk if nobody has more concrete first-hand ideas.

I'm mostly just scared of the airbag and radio, I don't want to short or otherwise disconnect something which could cause knock on problems (disconnecting the airbag circuit in a Mercedes for example requires the SRS system to be reset, and it used to be the case disconnecting radios required re-coding the anti-theft system).

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
I’m using piggybacks on fuse 40 (in the upper position) for permanent live and 47 for the ignition live.

Fuse 40 is for the cigarette lighter socket and Fuse 47 is the rear wiper.

I was using another fuse for the permanent live but kept getting a DTC after ignition off for excess current draw. Since using the above no DTCs.

IMG_1498.jpg

Reactions: carl^

carl^

Feb 16, 2021
I’m using piggybacks on fuse 40 (in the upper position) for permanent live and 47 for the ignition live.

Fuse 40 is for the cigarette lighter socket and Fuse 47 is the rear wiper.

I was using another fuse for the permanent live but kept getting a DTC after ignition off for excess current draw. Since using the above no DTCs.

View attachment 22202

Ahhhh thank you, this makes a lot of sense now with the two positions for 40 (I thought it was a different model thing not a different mode thing). Assuming this makes the cig lighter always live, so I'll just have to make sure gf disconnects the aftermarket seat heater when not in use (or find some sort of inline switch for it). (y)