Pete's Mk5 Bocanegra

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Little update 83450, oil filter and plugs done again.
But why??? Custom mapping will begin next week, main page won't get updated just this post, I'll post numbers and graph here so only people who have read through will know ;)

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Sure, this is my facebook profile, maybe is more easy on facebook but better here so everybody could read.

https://www.facebook.com/avasquezf

Here on Colombia everything is meassure at wheels but im going to convert the whp to bhp (whp/0.85 = bhp), the max power with turbo stock is 225whp thats 265bhp maybe with 90 ron fuel. if you want 100hp more the best option is a K04 turbo, im using a F23t turbo you can buy the F23 (k04 hybrid) for 1.8t 20v engines and made a custom manifold, thats the easy way to do it. My car has a F23T this is the same turbo for 2.0 tsi engines, the bigger problem is the turbo housing, you must change a lot of things, and we cut the manifold and use the stock turbo manifold so was "easy" to connect.

Now power, with 22 max boost and 19 psi at read line you can make 280whp or 330bhp. The firs problem here is the DQ200 Clutch, you need an special tuning to avoid the clutch slip. After that everything is going to works perfect.

If you want more power you can increase the boost with this turbo 30 psi max boost and 23 - 24 psi at red line at sea level, with this you can make 320whp or 375bhp. The first problem are the valve springs, are too weak so after 6000rpm the missfires comes with more than 19- 20 psi. You can buy that here:

http://www.tmg-performance.com/en/proionta/harder-valve-springs.html

Next problem coil packs with low performance, stock one are not to good so you are going to need 2.0 tsi r8 coil packs with an adapter, the connector cable order is different so you must change the cable order on the conector.

Next problem Rods, 30 psi and 25 psi at rev limit is a lot torque! right now im changing my rods for ZRP, Pistons for CP-Carrillo + stiffer valve springs, im on 302whp and the valve springs dont letme increase more the power. Maybe stock rods could hold this torque but im not sure and i dont wanna test if is possible...

After this changes you can increase the rpm limit to 7200rpm, you are going to win more power band and 15hp with this new limit. Im right now doing this changes so the next week i can show you dyno result with this, im looking for 325- 330 whp or 380 - 388bhp. I dont know if the stock clutch can do it.

Now... the problem fixing the clutch slip is with 1/4 mile time, you must increase the time between gear changes to avoid the slip, so you are going to loose 0.1 sec on every gear or something like that. If you can put a kevlar clutch disc better because you can reduce the time between gears and have a better performance on track.

This is my experience with the car, this thursday we are going to remove the engine to put all the new parts and test. I hope this can help you to know what do you need and how much could cost you everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big-Pete

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Sure, this is my facebook profile, maybe is more easy on facebook but better here so everybody could read.

https://www.facebook.com/avasquezf

Here on Colombia everything is meassure at wheels but im going to convert the whp to bhp (whp/0.85 = bhp), the max power with turbo stock is 225whp thats 265bhp maybe with 90 ron fuel. if you want 100hp more the best option is a K04 turbo, im using a F23t turbo you can buy the F23 (k04 hybrid) for 1.8t 20v engines and made a custom manifold, thats the easy way to do it. My car has a F23T this is the same turbo for 2.0 tsi engines, the bigger problem is the turbo housing, you must change a lot of things, and we cut the manifold and use the stock turbo manifold so was "easy" to connect.

Now power, with 22 max boost and 19 psi at read line you can make 280whp or 330bhp. The firs problem here is the DQ200 Clutch, you need an special tuning to avoid the clutch slip. After that everything is going to works perfect.

If you want more power you can increase the boost with this turbo 30 psi max boost and 23 - 24 psi at red line at sea level, with this you can make 320whp or 375bhp. The first problem are the valve springs, are too weak so after 6000rpm the missfires comes with more than 19- 20 psi. You can buy that here:

http://www.tmg-performance.com/en/proionta/harder-valve-springs.html

Next problem coil packs with low performance, stock one are not to good so you are going to need 2.0 tsi r8 coil packs with an adapter, the connector cable order is different so you must change the cable order on the conector.

Next problem Rods, 30 psi and 25 psi at rev limit is a lot torque! right now im changing my rods for ZRP, Pistons for CP-Carrillo + stiffer valve springs, im on 302whp and the valve springs dont letme increase more the power. Maybe stock rods could hold this torque but im not sure and i dont wanna test if is possible...

After this changes you can increase the rpm limit to 7200rpm, you are going to win more power band and 15hp with this new limit. Im right now doing this changes so the next week i can show you dyno result with this, im looking for 325- 330 whp or 380 - 388bhp. I dont know if the stock clutch can do it.

Now... the problem fixing the clutch slip is with 1/4 mile time, you must increase the time between gear changes to avoid the slip, so you are going to loose 0.1 sec on every gear or something like that. If you can put a kevlar clutch disc better because you can reduce the time between gears and have a better performance on track.

This is my experience with the car, this thursday we are going to remove the engine to put all the new parts and test. I hope this can help you to know what do you need and how much could cost you everything.

will you run the TMG Kevlar clutchs?
http://www.tmg-performance.com/en/proionta/syblektes/dsg7-kevlar.html

and how much power can the stock clutches take before slip?

so if i do: rods/pistons/r8 coils/valve springs/clutchs and then change turbo what sort of power can i theoretically go for with A: stock turbo B: ko4 C: GTx28

thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
will you run the TMG Kevlar clutchs?
http://www.tmg-performance.com/en/proionta/syblektes/dsg7-kevlar.html

and how much power can the stock clutches take before slip?

so if i do: rods/pistons/r8 coils/valve springs/clutchs and then change turbo what sort of power can i theoretically go for with A: stock turbo B: ko4 C: GTx28

thanks for your help.

Right now i have stock clutch with 450nm flywheel. Works fine, like i told you before, you need and special mapping on your dsg to avoid the clutch slip, but you are going to loose time on 1/4 mile because the gearbox is going to take more time between gears to avoid the slip.

Im thinking on buy that clutch to reduce time and have a better performance with my new parts maybe im going to have 480nm flywheel.

Stock turbo: 245whp - 250whp with E50 fuel or 104 RON, thats the max power, you dont need valve springs because the turbo is small, is not going to hold pressure after 6000rpm, you only need that if you have more than 18-19 psi after 6000rpm. You dont need pistons or rods, just a good file tuning

K04: I have and hybrid K04 (F23T Frankenturbo) so is a little bigger, can hold more pressure at high rpm. With this setup you can have 320-325whp @7200rpm is a really good setup, with a good file tuning you are not going to have lag.

GTX28: Im not really sure, but if K04 hybrid can make 325whp, you can make 385whp with a GTX28, is a bigger turbo and a lot of boost, K04 hybrid at sea level has 30 psi at 5000rpm maybe and 23 - 24 psi at rev limit, so GT28 is for hold 30 psi all the time, that 6 - 7 more psi at rev limit are 50 - 60 hp more.

PD: This weekend we finish my engine, now is forged and the old pistons was ok, rods ok, valves perfect clean... im going to update my thread, E50 has the engine really clean and everything was perfect with 300whp+ daily.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Right now i have stock clutch with 450nm flywheel. Works fine, like i told you before, you need and special mapping on your dsg to avoid the clutch slip, but you are going to loose time on 1/4 mile because the gearbox is going to take more time between gears to avoid the slip.

Im thinking on buy that clutch to reduce time and have a better performance with my new parts maybe im going to have 480nm flywheel.

Stock turbo: 245whp - 250whp with E50 fuel or 104 RON, thats the max power, you dont need valve springs because the turbo is small, is not going to hold pressure after 6000rpm, you only need that if you have more than 18-19 psi after 6000rpm. You dont need pistons or rods, just a good file tuning

K04: I have and hybrid K04 (F23T Frankenturbo) so is a little bigger, can hold more pressure at high rpm. With this setup you can have 320-325whp @7200rpm is a really good setup, with a good file tuning you are not going to have lag.

GTX28: Im not really sure, but if K04 hybrid can make 325whp, you can make 385whp with a GTX28, is a bigger turbo and a lot of boost, K04 hybrid at sea level has 30 psi at 5000rpm maybe and 23 - 24 psi at rev limit, so GT28 is for hold 30 psi all the time, that 6 - 7 more psi at rev limit are 50 - 60 hp more.

PD: This weekend we finish my engine, now is forged and the old pistons was ok, rods ok, valves perfect clean... im going to update my thread, E50 has the engine really clean and everything was perfect with 300whp+ daily.

wish i could run e50 or even e85. stupid england. only 100octane fuel :censored::censored:

mapping has finished.

xRMH3w3.jpg

ZKXTGZB.jpg

Headline figures:
crank:
bhp 212
nm 310
ftlbs 228

wheels:
bhp 170
nm 248
ftlbs 182

VS Stock

crank:
bhp 182
nm 263
ftlbs 194

wheels
bhp 155
nm 224
ftlbs 165

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Checkout this, SEAT Ibiza FR Stage 2 with Downpipe 3", catback 2.5", intercooler mishimoto, AEM WMI, Intake pipercross:

milton-1-low.jpg

This is at wheels with 90 ron fuel + wmi. This at crank is 264 bhp and 395nm.

What do you have on your car? or is stock and just remapping?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Checkout this, SEAT Ibiza FR Stage 2 with Downpipe 3", catback 2.5", intercooler mishimoto, AEM WMI, Intake pipercross:

milton-1-low.jpg

This is at wheels with 90 ron fuel + wmi. This at crank is 264 bhp and 395nm.

What do you have on your car? or is stock and just remapping?

pump gas, (vpower 99octane)
FMIC
intake
Plugs.

tahts all the mods.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
84800miles.
miltek exhuast on, full system Decat non res, and a GFB DV+ instead of spacer from forge.

cars going in for Map tweak on thursday.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Looking forward to seeing the results, im at r-techh on the 16th of august :)

awesome buddy.

exhuasts all bedded in, off for mapping:

228Bhp
247Ftlbs

very happy with it.

will post graphs etc at later point as there currently in car and cars in my garage. :D

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
awesome buddy.

exhuasts all bedded in, off for mapping:

228Bhp
247Ftlbs

very happy with it.

will post graphs etc at later point as there currently in car and cars in my garage. :D

Nice stuff! Whats it go like now?

Once im stage 2 ill come down for sure :D

Last edited:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Nice stuff! Whats it go like now?

Once im stage 2 ill come down for sure :D

goes really well.

but its sitting in my garage as im currently changing the seats and am waiting for corbeau to make me a custom set of RRS seats [B)]

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
fresh rubber on the car now. 85300

front tracking sorted aswell.

drives spot on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members