PHEV fuse recall, has anyone managed to get this done?

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I’m still having issues getting Seat UK to undertake the Recall to replace the high voltage fuse.

Since receiving the recall letter in May, Seat UK have opened and closed the recall case.

Apparently they were supposed to be introducing a number of BCC centres where the job can be undertaken as the closest dealership with the tooling and certified technicians is a minimum of three hours drive away plus they would need the car dropping off day 1 do the work approx 6 hours day 2 and collect day 3 So not very convenient.

Has anyone managed to organise for their car to be collected and returned on completion? I know Cupra dealerships are doing this for their customers.

My case has been reopened and hoping for a response early next week.

Any information gratefully received.

regards

Keith

Feb 21, 2022
I've got a Cupra Leon; and my local dealership is Seat and has now become a BCC and have the car booked in for the work doing in November. They did mention that they are only taking bookings up until December locally after that they'll open it to the network.

That might be the case for other dealerships, perhaps by December they'll be more BCCs open for bookings.

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
After having several conversations with Seat Uk customer centre, they escalated the case and the car I’d booked in for late November. Just waiting for them to organise the transport.

Cheers

Chemical Matt

Dec 16, 2020
I've got my name on a list with Seat Telford but that was back in June and haven't heard anything further since.

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently too many PHEV cars to be rectified but only 7/8 service centres with suitable tooling and technicians trained to undertake the job!

looking like a long process. Back in June I was advised to wait until a local Manchester/Liverpool dealer was available to do the work however as of last week nothing has come of this.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
With a risk of fire (at least 16 incidents) and/or electrocution, it's pretty scandalous that they are making people wait this long.

stutre

Jan 20, 2022
I got mine done quite quickly but that may be because I live near Doncaster which is one of the few centres that can do the work. Are customer (lack of) care still saying it is a dealer problem to resolve which is all I got when trying to book mine in as they wouldn’t even tell me the dealers capable of doing the work as at the time Doncaster staff were still in training

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
Yes keep pushing back onto the retailer. When I first enquired about the recall my local dealer (25 miles away) were upfront about it and told me they were unlikely to get the tooling or technician training. However after speaking to SEAT Uk they informed me that I would need to take the car to Stirling, Telford or Doncaster!

Next I would need to wait until a local dealer was equipped and qualified to undertake the work and I could drop the car off and they would supply a courtesy car. However that’s not happening anytime soon so it’s off to Telford end of November.

As it’s Recall I believe it’s Seat uK’s responsibility to undertake the work with the minimum of inconvenience to the customer.

Also I’ve not yet been advised how they intend to transport it to the dealer.

Fingers crossed it all gets sorted out. Not great for a car that retailed at £37k.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Just how dealers have the ability to carry out the repair and where are they? Seems like a embarrassing mess.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I know a couple of garage owners and quite a few mechanics. None of them have any inclination to do all the training, certification and helath and safety stuff needed to work on these vehicles.
EV battery packs are way more dangerous than working with mains electricticy, and the insurance risks to employees and premises are many many multiples of the insurance needed for a regular garage. I can only see this problem getting worse and worse as more EV's are rolled out. Expect to wait months if something battery related goes wrong with your EV.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I worked in a Kia dealer, we had the equipment and two personal trained in dealing with ev’s before the first car was delivered to us, at the first battery out I was ready with the big wooden stick to knock anybody in contact with live leccy clear, wanted a couple of practice shots but wasn’t allowed.:stick: Seems different marques have different priorities, equipment and training arranged by Kia so no arguments or delays allowed.

Reactions: C_ED_99
Sep 6, 2021
I live in Bognor Regis and my nearest SEAT dealer is Snows in Portsmouth, but they do not have facilities to do this recall so the car will eventually have to go to their Southampton branch ... and they have a huge waiting list as they are doing it for several other branches of Snows. They can't even suggest a date by which they will be ready to do the upgrade! I also had to wait nearly 2 months to get the car booked in for its first service!
This is my first ever SEAT, sadly it will probably be the last.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I live in Bognor Regis and my nearest SEAT dealer is Snows in Portsmouth, but they do not have facilities to do this recall so the car will eventually have to go to their Southampton branch ... and they have a huge waiting list as they are doing it for several other branches of Snows. They can't even suggest a date by which they will be ready to do the upgrade! I also had to wait nearly 2 months to get the car booked in for its first service!
This is my first ever SEAT, sadly it will probably be the last.
Don't know anything about them, but can Hendy Brighton do it?