Phoenix's Project Blueshift... (INCIDENT!)

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Ladies and gentlemen of SCN,

The time has come to announce i am now the proud owner of a 2003 (03) Black Leon Cupra (180). :funk: It's been a long and exhausting search but it feels great to drive and to have. :D

There are a few minor teething problems to be sorted mind you but condition-wise it's the best i've seen in a while (excluding Adam 20vT's one :p )

Things to get sorted:

1. Wheel balancing as i'm-a-wobblin' at about 70-80..... (although when i brake this wobble gets SIGNIFICANTLY worse but only at high speed decelleration, any more ideas?)
2. Cambelt and waterpump as seems to be the trend on here, and for my own peace of mind.
3. Tax which i'll be getting sorted today.
4. A new rear ashtray (lol some angry child i would assume)
5. A damned good valet! :)

I'll throw some pictures up as soon as i can.

Jimz

P.s. Oh and i forgot...... an SCN sticker...... i hear it adds 5bhp..... [B)]

Current state of my car:

2011-05-14100245.jpg

2011-05-14100412.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Well, a quick update before this weekends festivities at Shotley......

My SCN sticker has arrived [B)], but still awaiting my HID kit (arriving tomorrow hopefully), green panel filter, and internal LED's...... all to be fitted at my usual Monday night modification night.

Brakes to be replaced with only slightly uprated ones tomorrow, as well as changing the oil too...... (oh the things you find out on the way home from buying a car! :headhurt:) Still it's peace of mind for me.

There should be some photo opportunities this weekend so hopefully some pictures to follow next week!

JordyGTI

Got it and your already hooked, Need to get some pics up ! :)

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Well, what an eventful weekend!
The fun and frolics of Shotley on Sunday and the joys of Mod night tonight!

Picture as requested! :D I'll be taking some better ones when the weather picks up a bit more and i have more time...

P1010273.jpg

Lovely day out, there was a good turn out to so please check out my other pics from Shotley!

Now, HID-ness! [B)]

MEMO00012.jpg

MEMO00052.jpg

Next a good clean of the engine bay and hopefully some green panel filterness too! Although after having a little blast with my friends tonight i think i need to look at handling more..... :whistle:

Jimz

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Well it was 'mod-night' tonight and there was only one plan for me...... smoothing my airbox with my newly purchased Dremal, as well as cleaning and polishing the beast.

Unfortunately i got distracted and ended up putting a heatshielded cone on instead with a 'cat's cradle' support: :whistle:

DSC01662.jpg

:lol: Your thoughts please? (i must stress this is only a temporary measure, to be removed next Monday and replaced with the smoothed airbox with green-ness!). I love the new sound, although the engine is quite loud anyway so you only really hear it at low revs. :(

Still, many a mod to be had over the next few weeks...... ebay must love me at the moment! :D

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Right after a mad moment i'm getting back into the swing of things, the bodged induction cone is out, back in is the smoothed and drilled airbox, Forge 007p, Xenon fog bulbs and now some boot neons in blue..... a tidy job it must be said, if a little chavvy. What do you think?

DSC01668.jpg

Anyhoo, a supersprint exhaust and painting my brake calipers are next on my list i think.... more updates soon!

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Eh up mate glad you got a leon in the end (you were looking at buying mine)

Looking good so far :)

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Hehehe! I know mate, it's not quite as good as yours but it's a Leon, and it lush! :) Still got loads of plans for it, i'm trying to keep this updated as much as possible! :) How's your beast coming on? Can't believe you got rid of those rims! They really suited the car IMHO!

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Mines groovy. Which rims mate? the Cupra R wheels? They did look good, but the BBS look even better! :)

Yeah the 'R' rims looked ace on the car, i'm sure i enquired as to whether you sold them or not? Lol! I wanted them on mine! :D

Gez! You're a Norwich chappy are you not? I like the idea of a monthly meet, who else is about this area to meet up with? I think Adam might be up for it if we ask him nicely lol!

Last edited:

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Well, i figure i'd better give you all an update on the latest occurance of Project Darkside..... in this case unfortunately the results of a small car crash.... :(

A lovely London lady in a Puma decided to jump a light and spam into my front driver's quarter, resulting in:

A dented wing and displaced headlight:

DSC01680.jpg

A crack in my bumper where my side intercooler tried to escape the car into hers:

DSC01681.jpg

And a HUGE crack in that same intercooler (top of the picture) where the lady hit it and broke the mounts etc:

DSC01678.jpg

On and when i checked for this damage i also found this in my sill...... lol! :

DSC01679.jpg

So now it's going through insurance, £1400 worth of repairs as i'm getting new everything lol! New intercooler, headlight, wing, and bumper, plus a pair of new tyres as she managed to put a split in the side wall. Unfortunately this does mean i get to drive a 1.25 Fiesta around whilst this is being fixed.... suxxorz! :cry:

Modding is off the cards for a little bit i think....