Picked up My New CUPRA.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
The wait has been worth it. :D
I am well happy with it, just got to get rid of the flu then I will be able go out and enjoy the drving it. At the moment its sitting in my garage with 17 miles on the clock.

Here are a few picks I managed to take while the wife nipped the post office on the way home.

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

Last edited:

Maximus2000uk

Very nice, but I'm suprised you havent got the new front grille, with the small holes in the bumper, despite the fact you have the aero kit. SEAT saving money in my opinion

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Yeah looks nice

like the new spoiler..is that standard new aero kit spoiler?

also wierd the aero kit you have on doesnt come with the new front grill with the 3 holes under the grill...wierd....

the new grill also says "cupra" on it which i like..and again, missing from this aero front bumper.. is this supposed to be like this? or did the dealer put the old one on?

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Thanks for the replies folks.

I think with the grill Seat must supply one with the Aero bumper. The 3 holes and cupra badge are actually in the Cupra bumper so when having the aero bumper you loose these.

The spoiler is the new aero one for the facelift model.

DJHotspur

The areo front end has changed with the facelift too then?!

looks great in white, and that spoiler looks great too, is anyone brave enough to try and fit one to the non facelift model ?? i'm sure it wouldn't fit but if someone watnts to have a go before teh glue sets on my spoiler it would be great :)

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
Looks great. Apols if this is clearer to those with knowledge, but is the face lift front spoiler different from previous K1 option?

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
That spoiler is certainly an improvement on the old design, though surely there is no way it would fit on the rear hatch frame on the "old" bodywork ? :confused:

PS - Hope I am wrong ...I want one.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Thanks for all the positive feedback.
Yea looking at how the spoiler fits I dont think it would fit the pre-facelift boot.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Weirdly the pics work now :).

Very nice, but not a fan of the front bumper. The Aero bumper on the front makes it look a lot more ike the pre facelift car too IMO.

Did you keep the bumper the car came with out of interest or will it be another one on ebay for £50?

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
I didnt have the original front bumper, got some money off the fitting instead.

I have just noticed with the grill that the facelift one seems smaller in height because of the 3 cut outs below the grill in the new bumper. This would explain why they dont fit the new cross hatch grill with the aero bumper even though the fron aero bumper has changed slightly to.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Those pics just go to remind us how nice the rear of the pre-facelifted version is.

The lines seem more pure, more unique-looking.

I think that apart from the new rear spoiler, the design of the new car is a slight step backwards...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise