Picked Up The K1, but...

Rickst3r

Cupra K1...
Dec 13, 2009
Falkirk, Central Scotland
Was a nightmare drive home!

I drove down from Cumbernauld this morning (girl friend stays there) too Lancaster and picked up the K1. Weather was fine, but heard the snow was making its was up in the evening, so I didn't want to hang around and got going at 3pm, hoping to get back up for 5:30'ish.

The garage had left me just under half a tank of fuel, so would see how far up I got on that and fill if needed. All was going well and we were enjoying the drive, taking it nice and easy not being use to the car etc.

Once we hit the boarder, thats when the snow started. I was hoping to avoid it, but no such luck and got quite heavy with the traffic forced down to 30mph. I was also starting to get low on fuel and the light had been on for the last 20miles or so. Passed a service station but decided to press on as the slip road entry looked a bit iffy with all the snow and no other vehicles tyre treads were vissible in the snow covered slip road.

So its pelting down with snow, I'm running on vapours and just when I thought it couldn't get worce, my wiper fluid froze! Obviously the garage had just dumped in water instead of screen wash :wtf:

Luck for us we saw a sign for a service station a few miles down the road. Took it easy on the way in but have to say I was prety impressed with the car grip in the snow. Filled her up (the car, not the girl friend :bleh: ) and bought some screen wash then got on our way. Sceen wash wasn't much use, as the water left in the system was frozen solid - still, least I fuel to get home now!

So quite an introduction to my new Cupra K1...snow, running low on fuel, frozen water jets, sub zero temperatures etc!

Still, car looks fecking lovely sitting outside the house :D

Rik

yogie

Rock'N'Rolla
Nov 19, 2009
stafford
haha, sounds an interesting welcom to the seat world, nothin worse than havin that light on and not knowing where the station is, what did the miles to go say on the computer?

Rickst3r

Cupra K1...
Dec 13, 2009
No idea how many miles the computer reckoned I had left mate. Haven't read the manual yet. The needle was just above the red when I filled her up, which cost nearly £60. Which reminds me, that was another damn thing about the drive up...I pass a filling station selling unleaded for £1.04, but ended up paying £1.14 at the Shell Garage :wtf:

Poverty

No idea how many miles the computer reckoned I had left mate. Haven't read the manual yet. The needle was just above the red when I filled her up, which cost nearly £60. Which reminds me, that was another damn thing about the drive up...I pass a filling station selling unleaded for £1.04, but ended up paying £1.14 at the Shell Garage :wtf:

Was it V power?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Screen wash froze yesterday on me, but the whole reservoir as the motor didn't even make a sound, bought an undiluted bottle of screen wash for Tesco's (blue liquid in clear bottle) and poured half of it in and 4 hours later it had only just started to thaw out :(

Danny.

eddiel34

Jan 14, 2008
Welcome Rickst3r, I'm not far from you. What colour did you go for?

If you liked the car in the snow, wait till you get a dry day.

Any fun mods planned?

mr dopesmoker

I've worse than that

Picked my k1 up two weeks ago after trading Ibiza cupra tdi.
It had took a week longer than it should have been to complete the deal usual dealer crap as was told one week then no v5 . So get car have it six days when some idiot on a roundabout cuts the car up by changing lanes the car infront slams on brakes I'm looking right look back and bang. Right into back of am older couple not too fast but enough to crush the front bumper and dent there boot and bumper. Older couple were gone and really nice about it saying it wasn't my fault etc but other driver just kept going , I admitted guilt and claimed insurance ,car has now been away for week and half and i'm driving a 1.2 corsa curtosy car lol I travel 100 miles a day so pissed off hope I get it soon lol:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

mr dopesmoker

It's a White one live in loch lomond travel to livi most days for work will look out for you

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Was a nightmare drive home!

I drove down from Cumbernauld this morning (girl friend stays there) too Lancaster and picked up the K1. Weather was fine, but heard the snow was making its was up in the evening, so I didn't want to hang around and got going at 3pm, hoping to get back up for 5:30'ish.

The garage had left me just under half a tank of fuel, so would see how far up I got on that and fill if needed. All was going well and we were enjoying the drive, taking it nice and easy not being use to the car etc.

Once we hit the boarder, thats when the snow started. I was hoping to avoid it, but no such luck and got quite heavy with the traffic forced down to 30mph. I was also starting to get low on fuel and the light had been on for the last 20miles or so. Passed a service station but decided to press on as the slip road entry looked a bit iffy with all the snow and no other vehicles tyre treads were vissible in the snow covered slip road.

So its pelting down with snow, I'm running on vapours and just when I thought it couldn't get worce, my wiper fluid froze! Obviously the garage had just dumped in water instead of screen wash :wtf:

Luck for us we saw a sign for a service station a few miles down the road. Took it easy on the way in but have to say I was prety impressed with the car grip in the snow. Filled her up (the car, not the girl friend :bleh: ) and bought some screen wash then got on our way. Sceen wash wasn't much use, as the water left in the system was frozen solid - still, least I fuel to get home now!

So quite an introduction to my new Cupra K1...snow, running low on fuel, frozen water jets, sub zero temperatures etc!

Still, car looks fecking lovely sitting outside the house :D

Rik

Colours it?......i stay beside cumbernauld and i'm there a lot...

as for the screen was...i'm practically running mine un diluted and it still froze... saying that, the temp was -5 at 8pm lasnite!:help:

Rickst3r

Cupra K1...
Dec 13, 2009
Hi gents,

My K1 is red, which isn't the colour I was intending on getting, as black was first on the list followed by white. However, when I saw the red one all nicely polished, I just had to have it :D

Standard finish on the wheels which look great, although they would look good in black aswell I think...

As for mods, think 240bhp will keep me happy for a while, although a BlueFlame exhaust is prety tempting :think:

Gave her a good wash this afternoon to get all the crap of her from yesterdays drive back up north. Just as well, chucking it down with snow in Falkirk atm!

I stay in Falkirk Mon - Fri and commute through to Loanhead everyday (Edinburgh, off the Straiton junction) and stay with the girl in Cumbernauld at weekends.

Geez me a flash if ya see me [B)]

Rik

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.