picked up the new car....

raepaul

May 27, 2009
i picked up my mk3 ibiza tdi yesterday which has a broken spring in the front, went to change the spring but... those 3 bolts that hold the shock at the top are a pain :cry:
one of them has loosened off top and bottom and is just spinning ( not slackening) anyone have an idea how to get this off?

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
That'l be your top mounts fooked then mate. If the bolts are just spinning then they've broken away from the mount itself so will need drilling out cos you'l find it near impossible to get a spanner/socket on it whilst you undo it from the top

raepaul

May 27, 2009
cheers. i tried to get it from underneath but had no joy, im gonna give it another go tonight. just got fed up last night when i tried as half my tools were missing and when i got them back i was already pissed off:lol:

raepaul

May 27, 2009
its off!!! i had to grind the top of the bolt off and push it down the way. i have ordered new strut tops and bearings as the bearings were a little em...... gone. looks like the shocks have never been looked at either as they are properly buggered aswell

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.