Picking up my new motor tomorrow night!

TeMpTeD

I'm driving down to Coventry to pick up my new Cupra Tdi tomorrow night and canney wait! :) It's platinum grey with 52k on a 54 plate. I'm hoping that the drop in performance going from my Civic VTi-S will be made up for by the more comfortable ride and cabin and the torque on tap, not to mention the obvious MPG heh heh :D

I'm thinking the 65 mile drive back might be more exciting than the drive there in my old dear's Corsa 1.2 SXI lol.

Anything I should look for on the way back reliability wise? I want everything to mess up whilst still under warranty if possible. Although not whilst on the motorway you understand!

Nearly forgot the obligatory photo! Please excuse the quality, I only took a quick snap on my phone as I was leaving.

Leon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
welcome to the fold mate get that mapped and you wont miss your old motor i tell ya, looking good to, just check the usual stuff and get a feel of the car

Arctic

Jun 15, 2005
Newcastle...ish
Brillant choice in colour!

Performance isnt that much drop from a civic VTi-s (well theres not much between mine and a mates 1.8 VTIs)

Enjoy it!

ander

Thats exactly what i'm after!
How much was it if you don't mind me asking??

TeMpTeD

I think the performance is just totally different to a petrol. And with my current motor being a Vtec engine, it's two extremes in how they drive. I'm hoping the torque of diesel will be more enjoyable to drive, particularly around town when my Civic is horrible with it's tall gearing.

When you say 'the usual'....what stuff are we talking about? A mechanic friend told me to check if the turbo is shafted by flooring it in 2nd. I found that it handled it but there was lag - I assume this is just the inevitable turbo lag though?

TeMpTeD

It's a nudge over £10k which is a little more than I could have paid, but in fairness, it has got the £1,800's worth of factory fitted sat nav which isn't to be grumbled at. Plus all four tyres look like they've only done a couple of thousand. Plus a brand spanking new spare.

Just hoping the sat nav is good enough for me to sell the TomTom.....£140 towards a remap anyone? :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.