picture request, euro styling!

Mckellar

im currently going through a phase where i want to totally re-vamp the mk2 seen as ive vowed to keep it another while as its cheap to run while being at university and me not doing high milages.

ive been looking to do some nice euro touches, for example keep the coilovers down and a nice set of split or dished rims, removing the rear wiper or adding a euro rear one and some some aero wipers on the front, smoothing a few things off etc.

i'm looking for pictures people have of their mk2's that have had a bit of euro styling done to it or any pictures off the internet.

would be great and when it comes, il do a nice wee step by step guide of how my car is coming along.

also like to point out il be selling parts of the car that i wont need for example a set of black refurb'd 15" alloys, so il list them up later on.

thanks in advance, David. :D :D

MinxGTi

here's a pic of mine

dsc01940fx.jpg

Mckellar

cheers boys, i have already saved the pic of ur black GTI mate from the "post ur picture" post, very nice and loving the polished rims!

im going to upgrade to highsport coilovers anyone know the best place for a wee saving?

Mckellar

thought u had coilovers on currently?

aparetly the coilovers on mines are FK AK, the twat i got them off said they were for the ibiza, i never checked and ive come to realise they are off a polo mk4n.
so the dampening isnt correct so i am going to have to save yet again and get a set of highsports or other decent coilovers.

much did u pay sirculation?

MinxGTi

love the wheels minx ;) How about going lower though

Ill get some pics of mine when i have washed her, also a sneak preview of one of my rims :D

I'd love to go lower! but as the wheels are very wide, its scrubbing with the ride height it is at now.

One day when i've got some money i'll flare the arches and then drop her much more :p

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
aparetly the coilovers on mines are FK AK, the twat i got them off said they were for the ibiza, i never checked and ive come to realise they are off a polo mk4n.
so the dampening isnt correct so i am going to have to save yet again and get a set of highsports or other decent coilovers.

much did u pay sirculation?

does this mean that your coilies will be going for sale, at a dramatically reduced price?

Mckellar

nah unfortunately not, il just find someone with a polo wanting a set of coilovers :)

euro or rally?
seem to have fallen for te brabus kit at the moment, really sweet looking if done nicely.

Mckellar

its not euro but its the mutts nuts!
well played, thats really nice that is.

duno stuck in different minds which road to go down now, i am going to keep it until i graduate from uni (3 years) cos its cheap to run/insure and tax.

dont want any combat kits near my car, only kit to ever be considered wud be
F2 (brabus) :blink:

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Jenk, you got new rims for your motor?? did you go for the teledials in the end or ....?

The teledials are in my garage, had the idea of polishing them myself but have given up already :doh: They will look the dangles when there done, to my understanding 16" teledials are rare :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.