Piper Cross

Gogsie78

Apr 9, 2007
Scottish Borders
Well i finally fitted the pipercross induction kit last night and what a difference :) sounds minted!!! although missus thinks its to loud bah!!

The bloody blue sillicon tube pipe is a pain to fit into the breather pipe though im sure i havent fitted it correct but it seems to be working now.

Car sounds like a scooby, i like the whooosh :)

Gogsie78

Apr 9, 2007
Scottish Borders
I got the PK190 air filter kit. I have had the car out for a wee run and the light has stayed of but it still seems a little slow to pick up on the throttle.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
did u notice any difference cause i did with my viper i had 4 big guys in my car 10"sub and amp, emergency tool kit and also got 16" alloys on car and i had a race with another 1.4 which standard it had 4 people in but no rims no sub and the car couldnt get away from me it lol it was funny gettin remap done which will give me like 15bhp and i got a cupra cat back system ready to fit looking to get car up to 100mark like the 1.4 16v polo which is 100bhp standard. 100bhp dont sound alot bt think of it this was if ther is a 1.6 or 1.8 engine which is standard and they have like 140bhp whos car will win probably mine because of the weight of the 1.8 or 1.6. had a race with mk2 golf that creeped infront but after remap he wont have a chance

Jordan20vt

Mk3 20VT
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
did u notice any difference cause i did with my viper i had 4 big guys in my car 10"sub and amp, emergency tool kit and also got 16" alloys on car and i had a race with another 1.4 which standard it had 4 people in but no rims no sub and the car couldnt get away from me it lol it was funny gettin remap done which will give me like 15bhp and i got a cupra cat back system ready to fit looking to get car up to 100mark like the 1.4 16v polo which is 100bhp standard. 100bhp dont sound alot bt think of it this was if ther is a 1.6 or 1.8 engine which is standard and they have like 140bhp whos car will win probably mine because of the weight of the 1.8 or 1.6. had a race with mk2 golf that creeped infront but after remap he wont have a chance

:blink:

The free standing wieght of a 1.4 to 1.6 is 18kg difference?? so if a 1.6 took it's spare out..............

Last edited:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
100bhp dont sound alot bt think of it this was if ther is a 1.6 or 1.8 engine which is standard and they have like 140bhp whos car will win probably mine because of the weight of the 1.8 or 1.6. had a race with mk2 golf that creeped infront but after remap he wont have a chance

Shut up :blink:

Last edited:

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East

Just walk to where u want to go until u have enought money to buy a cupra mate it will be much easier ...................for all of us.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
dont belive me then why not get a standard 1.6 and will race i admit in 4 and 5th gear a 1.6 will performe but 1st 2nd 3rd mt car will performe in acceleration.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
So your telling me that a 1.4 with a 'standard' mk3 cupra exhaust a piper x 'Viper' filter and producing almost 100bhp out accelerate a Mini Cooper (new one) not a chance i have first class experiance of one and i can tell you even though there not uber fast still a nippy little motor keeps up with your old boy racer 2.0ltrs mondeo`s chavalier etc... and alot of other decent modern motors with biggy capcity engines, somthing im pretty sure a 1.4 'S' wouldnt be able to do.

David.

C`mon mate you have a car that was never designed to be fast and it never is going to be fast so stop trying to justify that is.

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Well i finally fitted the pipercross induction kit last night and what a difference :) sounds minted!!! although missus thinks its to loud bah!!

The bloody blue sillicon tube pipe is a pain to fit into the breather pipe though im sure i havent fitted it correct but it seems to be working now.

Car sounds like a scooby, i like the whooosh :)

yeah because an air filter has turned your engine into flat 4 boxer engine!

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants

blah blah blah blah blah wheel nuts blah blah wheel nuts!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.