piper or kent cam?

Mckellar

imho there isnt much point in trying to tune a 1.6.

For the amount you'd spend to get it up to power with a cupra/16v u could possibly get a decent amount towards a new car/GTI for example mate.

jiggerman

but i want 2 try and keep it as a 1.6 save some money on petrol

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
If you put a fast road cam in your car you will probably end up reducing the fuel economy anyway.
I'd be tempted to save your money and think of getting something like a Cupra Sport GTi 2.0 8v, they are only group 11 insurance and fairly good on fuel for a GTi.

jiggerman

thanks mate i took yr advice and got myself an 1.8 16v

just lookin some advice 2 mod it up

jiggerman

i have looked

i have been lookin mate but notice that more people have the 2.0 8v or 16v not much have the 1.8 16v

i also tryed 2 talk 2 people wid the same car but they dont wonna talk back

what have u done 2 yr car mate ??

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
as you say, most of us have the 2.0L versions.. Not done too much to mine apart from got it back on the road after it being a cat C write off.. it should be sitting a bit lower before too long and that'll pretty much be it..

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i have been lookin mate but notice that more people have the 2.0 8v or 16v not much have the 1.8 16v

i also tryed 2 talk 2 people wid the same car but they dont wonna talk back

what have u done 2 yr car mate ??

get a mk2 gti 16v gear box as the gearing and final drive on the ibiza 1.816v is pants.and if you want cams,look for mk2 golf gti 16v again.
classifieds on club gti will have loads of old spares i imagine.

jiggerman

thanks mate will look into it what about the mk2 golf clutch would that fit do u no

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
yes it's the same from memory. for some reason 228mm comes to mind,though i would check that first.my memory is trying to go back about 3 cars and 7 years ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.