Plastic fuel filters????

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Having a bit of a mare with my car, well the garage is.

Picked it up on Monday afternoon when theyd done the service and cambelt and all was fine.

Drove it home and found petrol dripping out of the filter.
Took it straight back and they ordered another and fitted that.
Drove it home and it was still dripping.

Used my other halfs car today.
Got home, jumped into mine and just dropped it off back at the garage and left it with them.
This drive it wasnt dripping but damp around where the out pipe connects so still not happy.

Thing is the OE filter they took off was metal.

The 2 that have leaked were both plastic (Bosch).
Could it be that causing the leak?
Anyone fitted a plastic filter and had problems?
Theyre going to fit a metal one and see what happens.

In the back of my mind, im worrying that he's nipped/damaged the O ring in the fuel pipe end when fitting the new filter.

Rich

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Well, around here it has always been a metal filter. I've indeed ordered one among other stuff to do the anual checkup.
IMG_20210921_163806.jpg
IMG_20210921_163823.jpg

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
The connector pipe is plastic and normal very brittle if taken off the wrong way or abit forceful they can fracture and leak. I’ve never seen a plastic fuel filter on a 1.8t tho that’s news to me. I’ve never had a fuel filter leak tho I have seen them leak after the pipes breaks. Fingers crossed it’s sorted ASAP cars are such a nightmare at times. I’ve just got mine running again after the cam belt tensioner failed and I’m not happy very close to calling it a day with tho Leon.

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
The connector pipe is plastic and normal very brittle if taken off the wrong way or abit forceful they can fracture and leak. I’ve never seen a plastic fuel filter on a 1.8t tho that’s news to me. I’ve never had a fuel filter leak tho I have seen them leak after the pipes breaks. Fingers crossed it’s sorted ASAP cars are such a nightmare at times. I’ve just got mine running again after the cam belt tensioner failed and I’m not happy very close to calling it a day with tho Leon.
Id never seen one before either. Now ive seen 2. The one that was delivered whilst i was there came in a eurocarparts van.

The thing that bugs me is i asked for genuine Seat parts. Unless the pipe is cracked, this problem probably would never have happened.

I know that the belt kit came from TPS so at least thats ok.

Rich

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Had a call from the garage to let me know the car is done.

The fitter had snagged on the O ring causing the leak.

Going to pick the car up tomorrow if i finnish work on time 🤞

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've never seen a plastic one fitted on these mate and had somewhere in the region of 35 or so.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I saw it with my own eyes. Genuine Bosch aswell.
Weather it was for a Leon or not is another thing.

Just sat watching the Chace then im off to pick it up.

Worked to late to get to the garage on time so my mate picked the keys up and put em through my letterbox 😁.
Better be fixed. They've had it a week now!

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
My genuine bosch brake pads (made in P.R.C.) didn't end well either.
The Race to the Bottom, includes Bosch too.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.