Platinum R here we come !

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
Hi all just thought let you know that ive just ordered the last Platinum R left in the country (according to W J King Sidcup anyway) Its sitting in port at Sheerness apparently :D just gotta sort out my finances which should take a couple of weeks then wohoo ! :drive1: [B)]

Let the modding begin ;)

Last edited:

Triple D

badlydrawnbanan said:
Hats off to ya Jase ... coming out on such a public forum like this ... takes guts m8 :bleh:

dont worry it wont change the way we feel about ya ;) youll always be a w8nker to us m8 :lol:
LMAO :lol:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
badlydrawnbanan said:
Hats off to ya Jase ... coming out on such a public forum like this ... takes guts m8 :bleh:

dont worry it wont change the way we feel about ya ;) youll always be a w8nker to us m8 :lol:
good come back.
zed,well and truly pissed them off at work,walk in on wednesday,"right i need next wed and thurs off".
"you can't we've,already done next weeks schedule"
"i am giving 1 weeks notice,either book it off or i go sick,take your pick "

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Good choice mate :D Didn't take long to sell 'em all... picked mine up just over 2 weeks ago, was only 3 left then... still waiting for smart nav tho... apparently it's on back order :(

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
Jonny said:
Good choice mate :D Didn't take long to sell 'em all... picked mine up just over 2 weeks ago, was only 3 left then... still waiting for smart nav tho... apparently it's on back order :(

Oh really ? the stealer gave me the impression its was standard and already fitted ? if it isnt id rather not have it to be honest and get tomtom go ;)
How are you finding the car though ?

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
badlydrawnbanan said:
Oh serious question now ... Supagaurd worth it or not ?
depends how much he's charging you, and always go for a deal on it. GAP is worth it though knowing the nature of the car.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
badlydrawnbanan said:
Oh really ? the stealer gave me the impression its was standard and already fitted ? if it isnt id rather not have it to be honest and get tomtom go ;)
How are you finding the car though ?

Apparently it's on back order & fitted by the dealer... although my dealer will be using another local company to fit it.

I had an FR 20VT before the LCR. Still running it in at the moment, but it does feel quicker & more responsive and a little more stable through the twisties. Not much in it with fuel economy, only about 4mpg less than the FR on average. The standard Pirelli tyres are pants in the wet... luckily I bought a set of LCR alloys for the FR and put GSD3's on them, so got 'em swapped over. The Brembo's take a little getting used to, bit of a bite compared to the FR. Sure you'll love it tho... some people think I'm mad buying another new car after only 5 months of having the FR, but I'm very happy with it! :D

When you pick it up, have a good look round it... there was an R badge missing off the driver's side wing on mine (amongst other things).

*edit* as already mentioned, the GAP insurance is well worth having (£299 for 3 years cover) but I don't think the Superguard is worth it. You're probably better off buying your own detailing stuff and do it yourself following one of the detailing guides on here... the products will be as good, if not better and you'll go it for a fraction of the cost (and you'll probably do a better job of it too ;))

Last edited: