Please help! P0299 error code.

Sep 23, 2022
Hi guys,

I'll try cut straight ti the point and give as many details as possible.

My car: seat leon fr 2.0 170bhp tdi 2009 plate

Firstly when I purchased the car I didn't notice any issues, after using for a few months I noticed when acceleration is applied I was starting to get a slight dead spot where the vehicle would bog and lack power.

Only when acceleration is applied harder I would then get past the bogging stage.

After sometime I then started getting an error code with the dreaded p0299 code popping up.

I have looked around the Internet searching around many solutions and websites for help and advice.

So I'm starting off cheap and working my way up the list of possible reasons behind this issue.

I do get white smoke when the engine has warmed up regardless of the weather condition, no creamy residue on oil cap, and coolant is not dropping.

I have changed all filters, including diesel filter, oil, air etc.

Turbo boost pressure sensor has been replaced which did not fix the issue with acceleration, also I changed the boost control solenoid and that has sorted the boost issue and now seems to run even better then before

Problem I have is the car still smokes when temperature gets half way, and the p0299 error code is still popping up putting me into limp mode.

I am having egr delete done soon, dpf gutted and mapped in, what do you all think to maybe the dpf causing the boost issue as I am aware it can do this if its slightly blocked up.

Oh and glow plugs are all good aswell as I tested them.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise