police to get candy white mk2?

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
was in a dealership the other day negotiating over a FR TDi and was told that there is a batch of diesels in candy white making its way to the UK - for use by the police! has any one else heard this? was looking to go down the candy white route myself but after hearing this im a little worried about depreciation.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
It would also mean you won't get kids trying to race you.
Also BMW's and the like would move out of the fast lane to let you past :p

Deleted member 13581

They have just changed to Silver where i am.

Was always White.

AL2007

Jun 6, 2007
North London (Spurs-Land)
Since when did the police buy cars in white? Silver all the way here!

Before they were silver they had white cars and if you go back to the stone age they drove Dark Blue cars;)

Mind you in the city they drive bright red BMWs, I guess being discreet is not the name of the game when you need to negotiate Londons rush-hour traffic
:)

cuprarstu

Jan 8, 2006
Hertfordshire
"Mind you in the city they drive bright red BMWs, I guess being discreet is not the name of the game when you need to negotiate Londons rush-hour traffic"

I believe these are reserved for the armed response units.....

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Before they were silver they had white cars and if you go back to the stone age they drove Dark Blue cars;)

Mind you in the city they drive bright red BMWs, I guess being discreet is not the name of the game when you need to negotiate Londons rush-hour traffic
:)

They are the diplomatic police :)

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
They still have white police cars where I am.

I wouldn't worry too much about depreciation if the police do get them. I had a look at ex-police cars once and its not a comparison with a good used example.

Okay so they are cheap, but full of holes where instruments, radio etc have been and lots of standard equipment could be missing.

In fact I know other manufacturers actually build specific models for the police etc, that do not relate to a consumer marketing model.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.