Polishing charge pipe

Hi guys, i'm looking to polish the charge pipe on my LCR, but i'm not that confident at taking it off and not being able to get it back on.

If i take the pipe off, do i have to destroy any clips and replace them or can I re-use them.

I've searched but haven't found anything relevant to the clips pictured below.

Picture029.jpg

If i remove these, will I have to buy some new jubilee style clips to fit once i've polished the charge pipe?

Many thanks

Alex

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
you will need new jubilee clips as these can only be used the once. you'll completely butcher then when you take them off anyway.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If you want I can do you a polished charge pipe for a small fee plus your old pipe.
It's not an easy job to get a good finnish on them without the right equipment.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
If you want I can do you a polished charge pipe for a small fee plus your old pipe.
It's not an easy job to get a good finnish on them without the right equipment.

Because I'm lazy how much DK?? Done it on my VR6 before and it takes for ever....

Thanks DK, I've nearly finished it myself though but cheers for the offer. Your thread was what made me want to polish it the first place lol - Love your car mate!

I actually used a special paint stripper (Nitro Mors I think) that allowed me to apply it and wipe the paint off with a brush, took me about an hour and a half to do the whole pipe! All i've got to do now is polish it with the fine paper and metal polish.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Nice one ;)
If you want a really good shine on it you can get buffing wheel's that will bring it up nice. Damn I'm giving away my secrets now :doh:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.