polishing/ washing stuff.

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
anyone like the meguiars deep crystal stuff? that 3 stage set.

for cleaning polishing and protecting?

looks like a good priced set if it works that well.

or would dodo juice stuff be better?

so much guff out there not a clue what to get basically i have never really washed my car properly.

needs bringing back up to standard, needs a few scratches and swirls taking out.
the car is luna grey so not sure how well it will polish up, used autoglym super resin before now but never seemed to do much.

anyone recommend a set which can do all this?

just would love to rescue my car

ie: shampoo, clay bar, drying towel, polish, wax/sealant, speed detailer.

is it a good idea to use speed detailer after waxing? just for more beading like.

Jim@WD

Can you post pictures of the car in question?

There are better products out there for hand use than the Megs 3 step.. It is a nice little beginners pack though if you're not up to speed with things.

Dodo Juice is the route I'd personally take - LimePrime can work wonders.

This snap was taken after Limeprime and Supernatual wax..

SeatLCR.jpg

For the best results, a machine polisher comes in handy.

What do you mean by Super Resin Polish 'not doing much'...? It's a filler-based cleaner. Very filler heavy.. so, if you have any surface scratches and swirls its going to mask them. Protection isn't great, its advised you follow with a wax of some sort. Autoglym would reccomend their HD Wax - personally, Ive never tried this so I cant comment.

For the wash stages, take a look at THIS GUIDE

If you get your car to a decent defect free finish, its important you take the above steps (or atleast similar..) so that it remains that way for as long as possible.

Personally, I use:

shampoo - Dodo juice born to the mild
clay - Sonus green mild clay
drying towel - miracle dryer or similar
polish - it varies; depends what needs doing (IE, enhancement, mild correction, full correction etc)
wax - again, it depends on what finish im going for
speed detailer - Megs Last Touch/Zaino Z8 (two very different product tho)

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Personally, I use:

shampoo - Dodo juice born to the mild
clay - Sonus green mild clay
drying towel - miracle dryer or similar
polish - it varies; depends what needs doing (IE, enhancement, mild correction, full correction etc)
wax - again, it depends on what finish im going for
speed detailer - Megs Last Touch/Zaino Z8 (two very different product tho)

For me its
shampoo - Dodo juice BTBM
clay - bilt hamber
drying towel - auto brite direct super drying towel
polish - as above, everything from menzerna, sonus to meguiars scratch x and t cut
wax - for a beginner, try meguiars #16 or Finish Kare 1000p - great waxes at great prices
I dont bother with speed detailer.

As well as the above, i keep tardis tar and glue remover, and Valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner, plus about a million other things but those will do to start.

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
cheers for that, just that will do,

its a luna grey car so i dont expect a huge shine as they dont polish much anyway compared to black.

what i mean by super resin not doing much was, i never really got a great shine, any scratches or swirls come in a few days of driving, never get much beading either (suppose this is all lack of wax)

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
Interested in this thread as well. just got my black LCR and want to give it a proper going over.

I've already got AutoGlym shampoo and Super Resin Polish so i'm after a decent Clay bar and Wax. Where's the best place to pick them up?

Also need a new wash mitt as my last one has fell apart.

Cheers

Jim@WD

Fien, pop on over to EliteCarCare - http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/

Or speak to Alex (chap behind the company) direct; I met him this weekend at the Ultimate Dubs show in Telford, a very down-to-earth and clued up fella!

I have a black 225 LCR booked in for a correction job early April, watch this space as I'll be sure to post the repot for you guys to browse.

Jonezyfr, AG SRP is a good all-rounder.. It cleans, it polishes, it masks and protects. But minute amounts of all.. IE, the protectional properties in SRP will probably do you good for a week. If that. As you say, the lack of protection is lack of wax! Follow suit and pick up their HD Wax or, as above, take a look round EliteCarCare's website and pick up a wax from there. (if you're on a budget and want durability, go for Collinite 476s - virtually bombproof!)

Hope this helpss.
Jim

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
whacked some turtle wax wax on last weekend and still getting beading, even for stuff i got in a christmas gift set years ago im impressed,

dont want to go to mad yet as the car needs a good, and i mean good claying.

just got a drying towel off cleanyourcar.com, great piece of kit, that website is so addictive tho,

filled a basket and had nearly blown next months wages already