Poll-fan fuse on battery melted/replaced or not?

My fan fuse on battery has melted/been replaced

• yes

Votes: 108 70.6%
  • no

Votes: 45 29.4%

• Total voters
Dec 31, 2005
London
ibizacupra said:
not good odds tho is it

:(

Doesnt loook like it :no:

Watchdog might actually listen?!

Maybe look at emailing SEAT head office and linking to this post for starters, but as you say I thought they would be viewing important issues on here and at least acknowledging there is a fault.

Greg Kirby

Mine's gone twice!

I have a 2001 Ibiza Cupra. Fortunately the fuse first blew in cold weather (the engine survived) - I could actually smell the buring plastic - melted a lot of the surounding plastic. However, there was enough contact left to refit a new fuse (needs must!). Forgot about it for a month or two, then bugger me if the AC stopped working - check the fuse - blown again. So onto my third fuse and not much fuse box left.
I'm thinking about carrying a fire extinguisher in the car.
If you guys want to refer this issue to Watch Dog, then I will be more than happily provide my support.
I'm generally miffed about a lot of the quality problems with this car Broken clutch pedal anyone? Burnt out indicator contacts sir? fragile electric window switches, broken rivets on the crown wheel of the differential, rattles everywhere, faulty mass air flow meter, faulty expansion bottle fluid level probe, ignition coils, brake vacuum hose - I've had them all and only just cracked the 50,000mile mark!!
It's time to get some come back.
I do still love the car when it isn't melting, cracking etc..

claudefrog

Oct 23, 2005
At home
www.reallymeansounds.com
mate.. for the sake of a few ££ get yourself down to seat and buy a new fuse box!!

it could save you a burnt out car in the future

Greg Kirby said:
I have a 2001 Ibiza Cupra. Fortunately the fuse first blew in cold weather (the engine survived) - I could actually smell the buring plastic - melted a lot of the surounding plastic. However, there was enough contact left to refit a new fuse (needs must!). Forgot about it for a month or two, then bugger me if the AC stopped working - check the fuse - blown again. So onto my third fuse and not much fuse box left.
I'm thinking about carrying a fire extinguisher in the car.
If you guys want to refer this issue to Watch Dog, then I will be more than happily provide my support.
I'm generally miffed about a lot of the quality problems with this car Broken clutch pedal anyone? Burnt out indicator contacts sir? fragile electric window switches, broken rivets on the crown wheel of the differential, rattles everywhere, faulty mass air flow meter, faulty expansion bottle fluid level probe, ignition coils, brake vacuum hose - I've had them all and only just cracked the 50,000mile mark!!
It's time to get some come back.
I do still love the car when it isn't melting, cracking etc..

Jonzy

Ive just checked mine on lunch as ive got sorta slighty cooler than ambient a/c. Tried to pull the end 30amp fuse and and suprise suprise its melted into the casing.

15062006168Small.jpg

15062006167Small.jpg

Bad pics, shite macro.

Last edited by a moderator:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
If SCN has links with SEAT UK as they say they do, do they have contact details of someone who could be sent this info.

Greg Kirby

Vosa & Seat Uk

I have contacted VOSA and they are sending me a form to allow me to officially notify them of the concern. I have also written to SEAT UK detailing the fault, requesting their help and informing them of the VOSA report - hopefully this might raise the profile of the issue.
I'll keep you posted as to the outcome.

Please ask as many people to vote in the poll as possible, evidence is strength.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Jonzy said:
Ive just checked mine on lunch as ive got sorta slighty cooler than ambient a/c. Tried to pull the end 30amp fuse and and suprise suprise its melted into the casing.

15062006168Small.jpg

15062006167Small.jpg

Bad pics, shite macro.

That's exactly the same that happened to mine. Got a new fuse in there now but the old one had virtually melted into the plastic holder.

cupra-neil

Gone but not forgotten
Aug 3, 2003
liphook hampshire
Visit site
So many people have had this problem so far my case is the worst, seat uk rung me yesturday and said to pursue this further id have to get my insurance company to start and investigation into the cause of this fire, and due to fact the age of my car seat uk werent intrested, in the end i got so pissed off with them i put the phone down. I dont have the time for an investigation im now without the car and desperately trying to raise money for another one.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums

Neil

Last edited:

adam614j

Just checked mine and i only had half a fuse left... and a very melted fuse box! Not very impressed really as I dont often have the aircon on (usually keep the windows open).

phil8vgti

Jun 18, 2004
WILTSHIRE
got in the car tonight to do my 11 mile drive home and noticed the aircon not performing 100%. i remembered this thread and thought i'd check on the off chance
this is what i found........
Picture.jpg

not good eh?:censored:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members