Polo classic 6k suspension

Tank1987

Hi all I'm new to this forum, I've recently bought a polo classic r reg 1.6 100bhp model, can anyone tell me what suspension I can't use like what other models I could use parts from as it's not easiest car to research lol all help appretiated

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The Polo Classic is the 'saloon' that's basically a cordoba isn't it?

Just buy a cordoba kit - most are dual marked as for the classic

Don't buy an Ibiza kit, the arse end of the cordoba is a little heavier, and the Ibiza springs just don't carry the weight as well.

Tank1987

Cheers I've been on club polo and uk polo but there not very interested as it basically a rebadged cordoba, I'm looking for a new set up as the front of mine is very high like something is wrong, are Ibiza ang golf spring the same on the front

Jugo23

Oct 17, 2011
Sheffield, UK
The problem I found with hunting for the right coilover kit for my cordoba is that most say Ibiza/cordoba which since the cordoba has alot more weight on the rear unless the coilovers are specifically for cordoba. There are kits out there but it's important you read the ad before you buy as if it mentions Ibiza anywhere don't get them.

Last edited:

jw22

anyone for more bubbles?
Jul 24, 2005
Kent
@ Tank
Cheap coilovers will not help unless you are after the slammed look the ones mentioned above are not the sort I'm talking about.
I'm in the process of resurecting a 'classic' and now that the wishbones are out I'm tempted in sorting out the rest of the chassis front end (on a budget) to sling in round a few tracks this summer.
What are you after from your car, just lower or better ride or sportier feel and sharper?

Edit
I found this whilst having a quick look
http://e-parts.co.uk/productlist.asp?catalog=V490400&manu=&ve=&search=

Happy hunting fella

Last edited:

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
Use the 6K Ibiza/Cordy ones, they're fine. The only resulting factor is that it'll eat the bottom rear shock bushes. When they give up replace them with unversal fitment polyurethane items, available at Demon Tweeks, and use new bolts both sides. Job Done.

jw22

anyone for more bubbles?
Jul 24, 2005
Kent
Thanks for that toddy, any ideas on a set of ARB's? biza cupra? Going to sling mine round a track or two this summer (if it starts) and fancy tidying up the suspension whilst I'm replacing bushes, wishbones, ball joints, pedalbox, bearings, service.....