Poorboys Glaze & Sealant

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
Alrite, i just bought Poorboys EX-P Sealant & Poorboys Black Hole Glaze hopefully should be here friday i finish work early so if is not raining im guna give the car a good decent clean already clayed it about a month ago, so guna wash with chemical guys glossworkz shampoo which is pretty good smells lush, then glaze, then seal, then wax i got chemical guys xxx wax which is pretty good but over hyped imo on reviews i read on cyc anyway. Been trying toget a good decent shine

I guess thats the correct way, glaze, seal, wax yeh?

Ill report back when done and try post a few photos im still unsure how to upload them though as it always says photo too large. Then when i resize still says too large, it jars me off.

Last edited:

Andy McCombe

Apr 12, 2012
keep me posted mate cause i bought the exact same stuff only for lighter vehicles but i haven't had the time to apply it properly yet

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
Just received it today looks like good stuff hopefully will be alrite weather tomorow an ill give it a bash. I got a feeling its going to turn out real good fingers crossed! Ill keep you updated.

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
Done it i reckon it looks quality, well worth it especially today as its sunny you can really see a deep shine and all the little metallic flecks stand out looks a beast. It would probly have come out alot better if you use a machine poisher though for the black hole because you have to have to really rub it in till it shines which is real hard work by hand i didnt quite do it enough.

Anyway heres a before & after photo, you really cant tell the difference in the photo but trustme in real life looks really good.

Heres before but just after i had washed it. I washed it with fairy liquid because i read a few places saying that it strips wax and that so cleansed it for fresh start.

Before
IMG_0222.jpg

And here it is finished glazed, sealed and waxed
005d2adb.jpg

Last edited:

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Get some Tyre dressing on and some glass cleaner,Also try taking the pic with the sun behind you thats how its flaring across the car.A shot I like, is from the back along the side at an angle if you know what I mean. Great Effort.

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
Cheers mate :)! Yeh i tyre dressed it just after the photo using autoglyn tyre dressing which i find is good for about a day then it seems to wear off. I dont like really shiny tyres thats looks heap i think but got any recommendations on what i could get? Also glass cleaner i got autoglym glass polish (borrowing a hole autoglym bag off my mate whilst hes away) but he said it was crap so havent botered using it think ill give it a try though cause atm ive been using screen gleam which is alright but leaves marks. Yeh ill get a shot of the car next time im out in it, looks gay taking photos of your car outside your house lol.

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Hi,Meguiars is a good dressing, clean the tyres first when shampooing the car a dish brush is good for that, then apply the dressing when tyre dry let it dry too as otherwise it will fling off all over you blinged paint a piece of old sponge makes a good applicator. As regards glass funny I highly rate Autoglym fast glass,just spray a little on each piece of glass and rub off with kitchen roll also good on plastics inside the car.
Theirs nothing Gay about taking pics of your car "Sweetie":lol::rofl:

Last edited:

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
Haha 'sweetie', yeh i no, but i just feel as though neighbours will be looking like 'there he is again doing something else to or with his car' know what i mean? Kinda looks like car vainess almost lol an i dont wana look like that know what i mean? Thats what i ment by its gay.

But cool yeh ill try that i think the stuff i got is glass polish not fast glass so maybe ill give the fast a try. An cool about the meguirs ill have a search for that. Thanks for your help, top man!

Last edited:

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Wait till you start Snow Foaming and outside your house looks like Chritsmas, then going about with a flashlight on the paint to see the swirls standing with a Electric Polisher.
Being their done that, but slowly getting my sanity back. Its amazing how you can transform your car with a bit effort.
Best of luck and my pleasure to try and help.

blackcupra180

Aug 4, 2009
fife
This may be a silly ? But what is the sealant is it wax or does this get applied before the wax and what is its purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
The sealant is like a wax, but a wax is made of natural stuff and the sealant is synthetic im not really sure on its proper purpose but ive just read its good to use and it was. Ive seen that you should wash then glaze then seal then wax. Although it took a while to do and was real boring, the finish was quality and well worth it, you dont need to do it again for agesi done mine bout month & half ago and its still just as nice today havent even washed it since the rain literally just beads up and runs off. The glaze made a real nice deepness and the sealant brought out the metallic flecks looked wicked then the wax just added that protection and slight shine. The photosi added dont do it any justice they look crap but in real lifeit looks mint, if i used a machine polisher the finish would have alot better but the finish comes up good enough for me by hand, plus its a bit ott i think.

blackcupra180

Aug 4, 2009
fife
Ok Cheers I've just bought poor boys black hole and poor boys nattys blue paste wax but I might purchase this before I apply these to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 77040

Hi,Meguiars is a good dressing, clean the tyres first when shampooing the car a dish brush is good for that, then apply the dressing when tyre dry let it dry too as otherwise it will fling off all over you blinged paint a piece of old sponge makes a good applicator. As regards glass funny I highly rate Autoglym fast glass,just spray a little on each piece of glass and rub off with kitchen roll also good on plastics inside the car.
Theirs nothing Gay about taking pics of your car "Sweetie":lol::rofl:

+1 for the Megs Tyre dressing! aswell this dont really work on ibizas but if youve got any black plastics on other cars this works 10 times better than any back to black stuff i used it on my cooper s i had before all the time!
+1 for AG Fast Glass effortless and perfect

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise