Possible Stage 2 + boost issues...

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
What happened then mate?

Been away for few days so soz for lack of update...
Car logged ok, making required boost etc and tuner says all looks very good, so issue is either intake or cat back, or lack of more like! Data sent to APR for there opinion as well but I'm quite relieved that there are no issues with the car. Will await APR response but have feeling that car is at its limits for given hardware, still amazing to drive but just know there is just a bit safely more there. Not sure if I should go intake or cat back to keep it 3" all way from DP. Nearly had a VWR intake ordered but will wait feedback first!
I'll update any feedback as and when from APR boys and enjoy it for what it is in meantime!

Cheers
D

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Thanks for the update.
Yeah the old intake scenario to get the power you get the noise.
In my opinion most intakes for Tfsi sound terrible in the car too. People will disagree but I think it depends what your using the car for.
An everyday car that's used at motorway speeds becomes annoying(very quickly)

Lee M

an intake isnt as loud as people think, ofcourse driving in boost, WOT will have an increase in noise but a charged car doesnt roar like an N/A car. Its more suction and chatter thats achieved.

driving normally, the difference is minimal. untill the drive gets spirited does it make a difference, and yet its not that much. i love the noise of my Neuspeed P-Flo, i dont think i could put the OEM back on now.

Agree my itg is easy to live with on a daily basis.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
This just proves its an individual taste thing as I had an itg maxogen and found it the hardest kit to live with.
Think I lasted 5 days!
It's either a love or hate thing

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
BCS intake up for grabs : (

Well a couple of things here.
You have APR stage 2 has it been confirmed the map you have installed is version 3.1?
I had my car stage 2 at awesome and later found they'd actually installed the older version of 2.2.
Version 3.1 is a massive boost on performance over 2.2.
So I was running stage 2 with a panel filter and carbonio as normal intake noise is so annoying and makes your car sound terrible when driving normally.
Don't get me wrong they sound great on boost but terrible the rest of the time. (My opinion)
Anyway I fitted an APR fuel pump which have a boost in performance mainly mid range I thought.
I then fitted my bcs intake which is extremely quiet and my god the performance increase was huge!
I came from a twintake to my bcs and felt the increase was big.
I had to adjust my driving style to stop wheelspin. So in my case stage 2 apr software the intake made a very noticeable difference to power.

After all that is it APR software? I've just finished typing and hoped my memory was right with the software you have.

Kev,

Installed the BSC Intake you sold on, smashing bit of kit mate. Really nice mid range improvement, as if the car is breathing so much easier and revs much more freely!

Amazingly quiet too, just a slight flutter sometimes when lifting off, not really had a good blast in the car as yet due to road conditions though.

Unfortunately for other reasons I may have to remove to go back to stock intake so it will be up for grabs if a PM should come my way. Pity, really pleased with the improvements it has made to the feel of the car as well : (

I am now well versed in removing turbo inlet pipes with incorrect tools though, hose clips are murder!!!

Thanks again Kev, you were not wrong with description of the intake, nice!

D