possibly leak

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
when going through the gears at speed towards the end of 3rd 4th and 5th gear it sounds as if My forge splitter is constantly leaking air, is this normal?

I have been on the Forge website and they do a spring kit for DV's, is it a possibality that i may need to upgrade the spring in the splitter to one with more tension due to being remapped and having the 'air leak' problem?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
you cannot change the spring in the SPlitR. Only in the 007.

SplitR will always leak slightly on constant speeds on motorway for example.

You could do it up tighter so it stops doing that, but then on max load it will not blow off properly.

If you want to get rid of it completely, take off the trumpet and place the bung they supplied with it. THen its fully recirc.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
tbh i think forge sould pull the split R off there web site and stop selling it! ive heard nothing good about them only problems and comments that they havnt even nearly met expectations!

do the right thing forge!

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
lol turboboy DO THE RIGHT THING!!

ok so basically its the recirculating valve its self is it, no im 95% sure its not the air filter, ok maybe i should cap it off then make it fully recirculating. this loses all noise doesnt it? what are the benefits of going completely recirculating then?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
same as the 007 which is popular here.

recircs all the air just like your standard one would but can withstand higher boost.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
oh yeah btw, I would first go about setting it right.

If you say that through 3rd 4th and 5th it loses air it means its set too loose. I don;t know how many clicks you're on but with 212bhp I'd say you're boosting something like 1.2bar? Put it on 19 clicks or somethign and go from there.

when set up properly it should only loose some boost at constant speeds in a given gear (usually 5th for me)

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
ok reuvers thanks, from when i had my TT i had to set mine up then, iirc do u just wind it back completely anti clockwise and then go 19 clicks from there?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
It really depends the exact clicks. You have to take all your mods in concideration. Whenever I change anything that could have the slightest to do with my boost ie different airfilter, different fmic, different intercooler route etc, I have to reset it.

What I do is open it completely, clockwise, then turn it back about 18 clicks and start driving from there. Like I said, it needs to hold boost until you shift gear (release boost). So not before, and also not too little.

If its too soon the its too 'loose' if its not enough (stuttering) then its too 'tight'

this is the reason why people are so against these DV's and why turboboy is saying what he is.

Personally I think its a good dumpvalve that has more sound that the 007 which is what I was after. Plus I'm not too bothered setting it up after every mod. Guess its what they say, beauty doesn't come easy ;)

although whenever I do have to change it again, it can bother me, only until I'm done. then its smiles again

:)

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
lol ok mate thanks for your help, well day off tomoro after a nice well earnt lay in ima have a play and drive with it and go from there!

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
ok nice. good luck.

btw you only need to drive a short while to hear if its correct. Stop, adjust and another run. and so on and so on...lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members