After abit of a tidy up.
1975928003608c0f9be3c257f3dc9450.jpg
0c33d78aabadb0447c4f0f77c08c4be6.jpg
1a76225b9a0a8e0fb28764b90554f0af.jpg

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Looks lovely, love the wheels :)
Thanks . To be honest I’m not normally a fan of black wheels, but with all the other black trim, they just seem to suit the car. Would have much preferred a cupra R abt but the wife wanted something safe. I’m looking at a couple of options for upping the power as I find it a little bit lethargic compared to what I’m used to driving. Although the 1.5 tsi engine seems to have very few options at the moment.

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Thanks, but I'd have ordered Mystery Blue if my partner didn't already have it on the Ibiza :doh:
Have you any plans to modify/change anything on the car. I’m looking for more power if possible, as I find the car a little lethargic compared to cars I used to have.

sellis94

May 3, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Have you any plans to modify/change anything on the car. I’m looking for more power if possible, as I find the car a little lethargic compared to cars I used to have.

I would do but this is my first time leasing a car, so it's unfortunately a no... It was a great deal but I do miss the freedom.

I totally agree about the engine. I started a new thread today asking other owners as I can't help feel disappointed. My last car was an A3 1.0TSI too, so didn't have a particularly high bar to exceed. I love the rest of the car though, fortunately!

What about you?

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
I would do but this is my first time leasing a car, so it's unfortunately a no... It was a great deal but I do miss the freedom.

I totally agree about the engine. I started a new thread today asking other owners as I can't help feel disappointed. My last car was an A3 1.0TSI too, so didn't have a particularly high bar to exceed. I love the rest of the car though, fortunately!

What about you?
I change cars far too often really, but my last few cars were a v6 diesel Audi A4, then to an Audi S3 and to my last car which was a Jaguar XE R-Sport. I loved the S3, and really wished I kept it, but the Jaguar was a shambles. Never out the garage to the point I rejected the car and Jaguar took it back. I had a mk1 Leon Cupra years ago and loved that car, so went back to Seat. I’ve seen the tuning boxes for the Leon, but can’t decide if I should get one due to conflicting reviews on them.

sellis94

May 3, 2020
Nottinghamshire
I change cars far too often really, but my last few cars were a v6 diesel Audi A4, then to an Audi S3 and to my last car which was a Jaguar XE R-Sport. I loved the S3, and really wished I kept it, but the Jaguar was a shambles. Never out the garage to the point I rejected the car and Jaguar took it back. I had a mk1 Leon Cupra years ago and loved that car, so went back to Seat. I’ve seen the tuning boxes for the Leon, but can’t decide if I should get one due to conflicting reviews on them.

Oh wow, what a great car history. Such a shame about the Jag though. I was only eyeing up a used one online yesterday! I know of two people who own/have owned an XE and they’ve both had a major (but different) fault that, as you described, left the car back at Jaguar for far too long. However, I naively put this down to bad luck. I think this has taken this off my wish list for my next car. Gutted, as it’s a gorgeous motor!

As for tuning boxes, I’ve always been tempted. But call me old fashioned, I can never quite understand how if it’s safe to push out more power with no further mods, why manufacturers don’t offer these versions from the factory (or offer their own remaps as an option).

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Oh wow, what a great car history. Such a shame about the Jag though. I was only eyeing up a used one online yesterday! I know of two people who own/have owned an XE and they’ve both had a major (but different) fault that, as you described, left the car back at Jaguar for far too long. However, I naively put this down to bad luck. I think this has taken this off my wish list for my next car. Gutted, as it’s a gorgeous motor!

As for tuning boxes, I’ve always been tempted. But call me old fashioned, I can never quite understand how if it’s safe to push out more power with no further mods, why manufacturers don’t offer these versions from the factory (or offer their own remaps as an option).
The Jag engine was fine other than needing a fuel tanker following as it liked to drink the juice. The electrics on the other hand were abysmal. The main infotainment system worked when it felt like it which in turn meant the heated seats, air con etc then wouldn’t work. Jaguar reckoned it was a software issue and only needed updating, but half a dozen failed attempts to fix the issue led them to admitting they couldn’t fix it at all. They admitted that replacing the system altogether was too costly so agreed to take the car back.

Agree with you on the tuning boxes. I’m sceptical about how safe they are and don’t want any damage to the engine leading to big repair bills

sellis94

May 3, 2020
Nottinghamshire
The Jag engine was fine other than needing a fuel tanker following as it liked to drink the juice. The electrics on the other hand were abysmal. The main infotainment system worked when it felt like it which in turn meant the heated seats, air con etc then wouldn’t work. Jaguar reckoned it was a software issue and only needed updating, but half a dozen failed attempts to fix the issue led them to admitting they couldn’t fix it at all. They admitted that replacing the system altogether was too costly so agreed to take the car back.

Agree with you on the tuning boxes. I’m sceptical about how safe they are and don’t want any damage to the engine leading to big repair bills

Holy moly, bet you were gutted! The two XE’s I’ve known of have had to have a new wiring loom (apparently a nightmare on the XE) and the other one had a problem that just shut off the engine and all the electrics at high speeds when it felt like it. Dealers couldn’t get to the bottom of that either... worrying!

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Holy moly, bet you were gutted! The two XE’s I’ve known of have had to have a new wiring loom (apparently a nightmare on the XE) and the other one had a problem that just shut off the engine and all the electrics at high speeds when it felt like it. Dealers couldn’t get to the bottom of that either... worrying!
It was a shame really, as the car drove really well and it was a good looking car too.

Jan 1, 2020
e64494b16ea2e2456e120675f280744c.jpg
3db5fe2d66f6675352420c1203e48f18.jpg
d61cd097a2e0b85de4c29debc0193631.jpg
7eea31ea2650fe5f5650e7aab7cc054a.jpg

Greetings from Estonia. We got our Cupra a few months back. Today the car finaly got a wash and ceramic coating. Me and my wife absolutely love the car. At first we wanted black Cupra but at the dealers decided for the Nevada white. No regrets . What a machine it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean Ryan

May 2, 2020
Hey Folks, New member here, This is my 2016 Leon ST FR 150. Absolutely love it so far, still needs a full wash and go over.
Drove a friends 184 hatchback last year and loved them every since, finally bit the bullet and got my own.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_1530_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_1530_LI.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 137

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Your car is spanking what product do you use?
I use polar series from autoglym. Polar blast Snowfoam, polar wash and then autoglym super resin polish. Although the car does have the autoglym life shine protection applied from new. Was sceptical about it at the time, but must admit I find that it has helped keep the tar, grime etc from causing harm. I also try to wash the car at least once a week so nothing can settle and cause damage to the paint

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.