power delivery to expect?

cuprajkd

Hello ive done search but cant find anything regarding power delivery on the LCR...

With the 210 or 225bhp versions remapped, do different suppliers feel different?

For example my mates Focus ST felt a lot more aggressive with one brand of remap than another which was quick but more smoother?

Now does this apply the same for the LCR? If yes, then which go into the more harsh accelerating delivery and which brands seem smoother?

I personally want it too feel fast but i dont want it too ridicolous low down then nothing at higher rev range, i like it strong but pulling all the way through rev range....which would suit my driving better in your opinions?

Im getting my LCR in a couple of weeks and really want to start thinking about modding it... Its my 1st turbo car, im quite excited really.... will i definately feel the difference from standard to a remapped LCR?

Thanks in advance :)

Lee M

Hi Mate,

There is certainly quite a bit of info on this forum detailing the different types of power delivery you get from different suppliers maps. All of the suppliers maps are good and in a similar price bracket.

The power delivery you require is very much what I was after which is why I ended up opting for a Custom Code Phase 1 map. There our other popular suppliers such as Revo (which offers a free trial), Jabba, AMD, P Torque to name but a few, but after a bit of research CC offered what I was after.

You will definately notice the difference in power, especially the torque and driveability. I did not notice a drop in MPG either in fact with all my mods I still get an average of 28-29 mpg and 34-35 mpg on a long run.

If you are going to map a standard LCR i'd recommend replacing the standard bosch closed loop dump valve with a forge Closed Loop 007P DV or similar, as they are prone to failure. And also think about upgrading your standard panel filter to a green, K&N or piper filter.

Ask the tuner you choose what they recommend or have on offer and you might be able to get a bit of a deal.

Have another search about and read some of the threads, there is plenty of info to be had. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
AmD map would fit what you are looking for.

A standerd LCR has good power to start with, personally I'd wait till you'v got it and lived with it for a while before you start thinking about mapping.

^ I agree. I've had my LCR for about 7 months now and it still feels great when I put my foot down in any gear. It was my first turbo car as well, wasn't used to the smack in the face you get when you plant your foot lol

There's nothing better than booting it in second gear and giving your girlfriend whiplash!!

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Hilla LCR;2423424 There's nothing better than booting it in second gear and giving your girlfriend whiplash!![/QUOTE said:
Try getting her to change the CD and then as she's puting it in accelerate :lol: it's great fun :lol:

Haveing the dog on the back seat can be a good laugh too :lol:

JamJay

California Bound
AmD map would fit what you are looking for.

A standerd LCR has good power to start with, personally I'd wait till you'v got it and lived with it for a while before you start thinking about mapping.

Agreed. AMD is smooth yet powerful but you do get a hell of a kick in the back when you plant your foot too :)

You can drive it normally also. The car is more willing to shoot off but to be honest, it's not alot different to the standard map when just cruising around and going about town. I can still hit nearly 37mpg when I drive like my nan, otherwise, I average at about 30-31mpg on normal journeys.

Last edited:

cuprajkd

Thanks for the replies, my cousin who is a big VAG fan and owns a Golf 1.8T did mention last night that CCodes are very good, apparently may run better than a Revo? Is a revo generic chip/remap for the LCR? Will is still run safely with a generic map rather than a Custom remap? This will be my 1st turbo car too so sorry for the silly questions guys

cuprajkd

oh right i didnt know that, what differences are there between stage one remap and stage two remap? What would i need to have installed before fitting either?

Thanks again

JamJay

California Bound
Stage 1 can be installed on a completely standard car although it's recommended that you replace the standard plastic Diverter Valve for a Forge 007 and get and uprated panel filter.

For stage two you'll ideally need: Turbo Inlet Pipe, Front Mount Intercooler, Full Exhaust System and maybe a couple of other little bits.

cuprajkd

JamJay could i not install stage 2 with just turbo back exhaust, other little bits but without fitting a front mounted intercooler to start with, could i not fit the intercooler at a later stage?

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
Hi there,
This is my first turbo'd car too, and im sending mine to jabba after my wedding in july...
Is the standard turbo actuator on a 225 LCR adjustable? Or should i fit, for example, a forge adjustable one for the K04, in order to get the most out of the remap? I would pop the bonnet and have a look, but the missus(to be) has the car at work...

Thanks in advance,
Dan

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
cuprajkd,
You should be fine to custom remap without FMIC. If you only have one side mount, you may notice power starting to drop off after a while, because the single intercooler will become heat soaked. If you havent replaced the DV, this may also eventually go pop, as the air its venting will be hotter than its designed for.
Twin intercoolers (LCR) will be able to cope better, but forge 007 DV is still recommended.
Hope this helps!
Dan

JamJay could i not install stage 2 with just turbo back exhaust, other little bits but without fitting a front mounted intercooler to start with, could i not fit the intercooler at a later stage?

For stage 2 Revo you will need:
Turbo back exhaust with high flow cat
Induction kit or uprated panel filter
4Bar fuel pressure regulator
Turbo intake pipe
Uprated recirc valve
Front mount intercooler
Silicone intercooler pipes (personel opinion)
Uprated dog bone mount bush (for traction)
Uprated brake pads (for the power increase)

And that should just about do it.

Custom-Code HQ

As said above,the requirements for a Phase 2 remap from ourselves would be :

FMIC
Turbo back exhaust inc Sports-cat
TIP
DV
Induction kit/Performance panel filter
Uprated boost hoses - where applicable

The above are essential modifications to extract the most power safely.

The ideal way to go about tuning the vehicle would be to have all the modifications done before the vehicle is tuned.

Hope the above helps

Leigh

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise