Power stays on after turning off

JJA

Nov 14, 2022
Hello,

I have a 2002 Seat Leon. When I turn the car off, my dash board lights flicker and my radio.m stays on.
My car sat for two weeks while I was on holiday. I charged the car and this new issue started. Any thoughts.

Tell

Staff member
If it's like the modern ones you get the radio live for 20 minutes then powers down as all systems that need to power off, power off. If yours is doing difference pass. You could check the door contacts since that's a trigger for knowing you have left the car. Door open can keep systems live. That's an old trick for updating the infotainment. Not sure of how the illuminated dash fits into this. Interior lights on and off as you open the door means that the contact is working fine. One check.

JJA

Nov 14, 2022
my car has never done this. Until now. The dash lights are very faded when they flash. The radio has never stayed on. The car operates fine when running just when I turn it off and pull the key out the lights on the dash do the faded flickering and the radio stays on. I was wondering if it could be the ignition switch or ignition chamber. It’s also killing my battery.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
The Altea is known to have electrical problems in a control box. I had one where the headlight came on without turning them on, although went off with ignition off. The garage said known issues. Difficult to diagnose, lighting control box. Left it when it fixed itself. Come across other people with Altea issues here. Your car is in the same period.

May be a wiring issue in the car, dampness or electronics. Pass on what it actually is. Think my Altea was dampness got into the control box which fixed itself when it dried out. Had one issue when it was completely dead to start it up. There was power. Again it fixed itself 🙄. Used another car tgat day.

Try posting on the Leon 1 thread of here:

Last edited: