Powerflex dogbone insert review

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Hi all, just installed powerflex insert on my seat leon.
First impressions are very good, small amount of vibration at idle and reverse nothing major though.
No wheel hop when i give it stick anymore, car feels a lot more positive and tight.
I used car ramps to install. Greased insert up got it in position, used a pry bar to lever against subframe and engine, insert was then squeezed in bit by bit and then i undid the bolt put the collar and washer inplace and torqued back to 100 ish nm.
The insert will bed in over time and vibrations should minimize not that there is much in the first place. So happy days 👍😁

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
This is likely my next job, now it has just passed its first MOT.

Fortunately i have an backside fat enough to dampen any extra vibration..

Reactions: adam davies

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I can remember my first experience of 'wheel-hop' in my 184FR and thought the engine/gearbox was going to end up in the car with me!

GlekkeMatrak

Dec 22, 2020
Houtvenne, Belgium
There you go:

20210311_154021[1].jpg

Not an issue of squeezing it in whatsoever, it just shoved right up in there.
Driveability is great. At mid RPM-range under half load it vibrates a little more but absolutely not excessively.

Wheel hop is gone.

Happy times :)

Reactions: Cupra Ultimate

R.Bot

Oct 30, 2019
Fitted one of these today to replace the forge insert that's been in there for about 2 year as it just felt like it wasn't doing anything anymore. The forge one was badly out of shape and was a right pita to get out and I hope I haven't damaged the bushing. New insert does cause a bit more vibration at idle, but as said, not excessive and the way it drives more than out ways it. Not impressed with the forge though seeing as engine is stock power/torque.
PXL_20210402_094347847.jpg

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Fitted one of these today to replace the forge insert that's been in there for about 2 year as it just felt like it wasn't doing anything anymore. The forge one was badly out of shape and was a right pita to get out and I hope I haven't damaged the bushing. New insert does cause a bit more vibration at idle, but as said, not excessive and the way it drives more than out ways it. Not impressed with the forge though seeing as engine is stock power/torque. View attachment 23297
Ooh nice bit of damage to the insert, obviously not up to the job imo. They do sell a red insert that is softer than the yellow if vibration is to much

R.Bot

Oct 30, 2019
Yes, it's description is for diesel and mine being petrol, I just went for the yellow. I see now that it's the same fitment just softer compound. Either way good design though, better than the metal insert type.

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Yes, it's description is for diesel and mine being petrol, I just went for the yellow. I see now that it's the same fitment just softer compound. Either way good design though, better than the metal insert type.
👍👍 wheel hop eliminated 😁

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise