Wheel hop, which dogbone should I get?

Sep 22, 2022
Hi guys I have a 2016 FR 2.0 Diesel 184 and I’m experiencing what I believe is wheel hop, sometimes mostly in the damp, if I put my foot down a little to much I get the traction control kick in and really loud banging.

I’ve not had the motor long myself but doing some Googling I’ve read that a dogbone should help to reduce this and also a premium set of tyres, could anyone please recommend me a good dogbone to fit?

I’ve looked at the powerflex lower dogbone mounts but I’m a little confused which version I need whether that be version 1 or 2 any help and advice is much appreciated thanks.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Do you have a sport mode? What tyres are you using? I’ve found using PS4s and either Cupra or Individual Mode solve the issue for me. I had the front bushes replaced with Powerflex recently as they’re cheaper than stock. Tyres have to be warm too. Mine almost always hops from a standing start.

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Mine used to suffer from bad hopping/banging regardless of tyre choice. I fitted the Powerflex dogbone kit and it almost eliminated it. It does increase NHV in the car but you don't notice it after a while. What engine is yours Liam?

Reactions: adam davies
Sep 22, 2022
Do you have a sport mode? What tyres are you using? I’ve found using PS4s and either Cupra or Individual Mode solve the issue for me. I had the front bushes replaced with Powerflex recently as they’re cheaper than stock. Tyres have to be warm too. Mine almost always hops from a standing start.
Yer it has economy, normal and sport mode but doesn’t seem to make any difference to the wheels hop.

Sep 22, 2022
Mine used to suffer from bad hopping/banging regardless of tyre choice. I fitted the Powerflex dogbone kit and it almost eliminated it. It does increase NHV in the car but you don't notice it after a while. What engine is yours Liam?
Cheers for the reply mate what engine is your motor? Mines an FR 2016 2 litre TDI 184

Sep 22, 2022
Same engine then, let me see if I can find the receipt email... I can't :(. Anyhow, this is the part. You just need to have a look at the bush in your car and see which of these you need. IIRC, mine was red if that helps:

Yer that’s the one I’ve looked at buying the red one that says for diesel cars but I’m confused there’s 2 red ones with slightly different product numbers so now I’ve no idea which one I need!

https://powerflexstore.co.uk/seat/l...mk3-5f-150ps-plus-2013-multi-link-pff85-832r/

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Yer that’s the one I’ve looked at buying the red one that says for diesel cars but I’m confused there’s 2 red ones with slightly different product numbers so now I’ve no idea which one I need!

https://powerflexstore.co.uk/seat/l...mk3-5f-150ps-plus-2013-multi-link-pff85-832r/

Get under the car turn your flash on and take a picture of your mount then compare the photographs on powerflex website. I have a 1.8tsi remapped and have had the powerflex bush in for around 20000 miles, it makes a massive difference to wheel hop and traction.

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Heres the two different shaped mounts from underneath car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118-122337_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118-122337_Chrome.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 109
Sep 22, 2022
Get under the car turn your flash on and take a picture of your mount then compare the photographs on powerflex website. I have a 1.8tsi remapped and have had the powerflex bush in for around 20000 miles, it makes a massive difference to wheel hop and traction.
Cheers for the advice mate, gonna get under and have a look then get the correct one ordered and hopefully I see a positive difference with it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.