PPF paint protection

Connorcupra94

Mar 13, 2013
Aberdeen
Hi all,
Anyone found a PPF paint protection film for a 2015 Leon ST? the rear bumper lip under the boot... need it to protect paint from dog claws

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
They do exist. The ST we have just now came with it on.

I don't think it would be enough to protect against dog's claws though. I'd go for a bit of old carpet you can fold out of the boot over the bumper, I've seen doggie people do that.

Reactions: Connorcupra94

Connorcupra94

Mar 13, 2013
Aberdeen
They do exist. The ST we have just now came with it on.

I don't think it would be enough to protect against dog's claws though. I'd go for a bit of old carpet you can fold out of the boot over the bumper, I've seen doggie people do that.
I did think of the carpet, but dont want the chance of it scratching at the paint... especially with it being a black car it will show up all of that

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Vinyl flooring is what I've used before, for a bathroom or kitchen. Just have enough poking out the boot to cover what needs covering.
My mum used carpet, not to protect the paint but to provide purchase for their paws. It protected the paint too.
You can get thicker self adhesive vinyl from ppl that make signs tho

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I have a fold out boot liner, works well. I looked into PPF and it just doesnt seem worth it. Its expensive, to the point that a respray isnt much more, and it can actually damage the paint when removed if left on for years.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Anyone done the doors with these paint protection film? Have a very 'careless' person parked next to me (residential parking) who seems to always 'ding' my door.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Anyone done the doors with these paint protection film? Have a very 'careless' person parked next to me (residential parking) who seems to always 'ding' my door.

I'd be having a word and telling them they'll need to pay for repairs if they keep it up. You could set up a dash cam to catch them at it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise