Price of diesel

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
i remember years ago on Top Gear (i think), they mentioned it was £60 to fill a Range Rover, i thought at the time that that figure was a mini mortgage, Christ almighty, it's now 60 quid to fill yer average car, "chuff me tatie ash" (as me mate at work says).

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
Ineos(used to be BP) Refinery Grangemouth- workers striking over pensions next Sunday and Monday .27th and 28th April.Fuel supplies will definitely be affected.

Any Scottish or North of England members would be well advised to fill up before the madness starts!.They reckon it might well push up prices even further in the areas affected.[:@].
No doubt we'll see the same queues a mile long as when the fuel protest was on.

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
:( Update on my above post.Latest is -the Refinery is now in the process of shutting down for the strike(it's a long process).
The 2 day strike could cripple fuel supplies for' up to a month'.
Restarting it will take ages as well.
Ineos ain't budging,so it's time to fill up your jerry cans!.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
bring on a fuel strike!!!! average price around preston is about 119 a ltr. use to cost me £50 to fill up from the light. now its costing just shy of £60 and ive still got 1/4 of a tank left.

healy6660

Right Old Giffer
Mar 30, 2007
Cumbria
signs up in west cumbria 122.9
being at the end of the longest cul-de-sac in england though, we've got used to it
if I go to carlisle it drops to 116.9, and it is only 30 miles away

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
My local sheel which i always use is at 116.9 for diesel now.

Its getting to the potin that people need very economical diesels to make up for the extra at the pumps!

This country is a joke [:@]

HugoTdi

I think its a complete joke, my wages haven't gone up to cover increases in petrol and food and .... it just never stops.

Lambfoot

CO2 not the only fruit

Like most, I have agonised over whether to buy petrol or diesel power next time. I turned up some interesting 'facts'.

Citroen C1 is about the most economical vehicle currently available, polution figures:

C1 1.4D C1 1.0i

CO2 109 109
NOx 0.24 0.010
Particulates 0.011 0
CO 0.18 0.37

Both are 'dirty' in different ways. Surely the problem is the internal combustion engine, not the fuel, which all comes from petroleum anyway.

As far as running costs are concerned. Based on as much info as I could find on the web, (Not accounting for the cost of a replacement DPF.) it would take me six years to make a diesel economical. I tend not to keep cars that long!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
just a matter of time before other unions are really effected by the fuel prices and they strike...

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
this is all bull shi*t all of it the govament the prices it's all bullshi*t
come on people lets stand as a group and not just a voice. it's been proving that we pay the most on almost everything we have compared to everyone else in the world so lets take a stand.

brad1

the fuel price for diesel is bo110ck$, when i first got my derv, it was like 1.01 a litre and v power was 1.05 which i filled up with, now normal diesel in 1.18p at my shell garage and 1.29p for v power, what is the uk coming to arrrggggghhhh

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.