Price of diesel

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
which unions jonjay ?
ones that get effected... :)

Everyone uses fuel so it is not just the public which gets hurt companies do to. Imagine how many companies will go down under if we see 1.50 a litre? A lot of small business especially will suffer.

kevocrook

its a joke i paid 123.9p in chester

Last edited by a moderator:

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
122.9 in west cumbria. my uncle was out that way today and texted me. isn't diesel easier to make than petrol but it some how costs more to put it in a pump. there is about a 10p per litre difference round preston between derv and petrol. we need some fuel strikes. 4 years ago i used to have a diesel rover 200. used to cost me £30 to brim it. my dad now has one of the same cars as a work car and £30 gets him half a tank. i know for sure my wages haven't doubled. bring on the road blocks the country is on its arse so lets bring it to a stand still.

sfalcus

Mar 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
shell on a19 easington was 111.9 2 weeks ago, now it 116.9.

5p in 2 weeks! when does it stop?

The government blame oil prices, however as the price increases so does their cut, same percentage but they still get more money!

why dont they stop taking a % and just take a set figure of 50p per litre? that way oil price variation wont affect us so much! AND STOP CHARGING VAT ON THE TAX WE PAY ON THE FUEL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
Well, I for one feel cheated by the increase in fuel now costing me the best part of 60quid to fill up compared to 45 - 48 quid feb last year. The only way to do something about it is to lobby the government. We as motorists are paying substantially more than are European counterparts. With the prices expecting to hit £1.30 per litre or more this year combined action rather than talk is the only way. Rant over.......

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
Then again this is why we we had tdi's though

DSC03905.jpg

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
i would take part in a protest. £82.50 a week just to get to work at the end of summer is stupid. something has to be done. good on those truck drivers in London today. why can't they cap the price for the year.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
On CH4 news last night they had a few "big guns" on & one was the X chairman of shell, & he said they need to review the duty & taxation on fuel, not the companies who bring out the ground drop their prices, BP,SHELL & such dont just make $$$ of Petrol & Derv, its all the other stuff they do that goes to make such profits.

2p

PS: Vote tomorrow & get those labour fookers out, UKIP is the future !

Lambfoot

Britain is a terrible place to live isn't it? What are the options? Diesel is cheap in Iraq. Cars are cheap in Poland. And India. And Afganistan. The options for emigration are many. Congo. Zimbabwe. Sudan. Somalia. Burundi. Milton Keynes. No, I think I'll stump up £1.20/litre and count my blessings.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Having worked in a massive corporate organisation for 7 years, and having had a responsibility for driving change in that organisation, I can understand that things take time to change.

However at the moment the Chancellor / PM are plate spinning.

Immigration
Banking crisis (Northern Rock etc..)
Public debt levels (Mortgage repossessions / credit card debt etc..)
Fuel prices
War in Iraq
ID cards
Lack of funding for schools / hospitals
Large Government debt levels
10p lower level tax feck up
Cash for honours / donations scandal
Shut the post offices or keep them open
Expenses scandal (employ your wife, son, daughter and unborn child)
Huge price hilkes in oil, gas, utility and general shopping bills
House price slump

and of course key issue no.1, build their careers, profiles, celebrity and bank balances.

Most of this stuff is just noise to them. They watch their own backs before they watch out for us.

They must laugh their arses off that we sit there subserviantly and just ride it with the odd whinge in the inevitably British way. If I do respect the French for one thing it's the fact they take direct action. The Brits are great at bringing issues to the pub or the dinner table, but (and I am one of them), we don't have the conviction or time to follow through. We're half arsed at it, and that's why we're effectively bent over and take it. All we have the conviction to do is spout hot air. I don't know if it's fear, idleness or that we are kept too busy to be able to proactively campaign about stuff, but its about time we did.

The snowball has been crafted and rolled down the hill. Its starting to roll down the hill gathering more snow as it goes. If you think this is bad, wait 12-18 months when the Govt can't magic up any free cash to bail the situation out. It could be catastrophic for some, and what are the Government doing? Pretending we'll get by because they want to win another term.

In summary, I'm annoyed that the Government are hiding behind the blast screen hoping that when they poke their heads out that there won't be anarchy or revolution, but to an extent the fuel companies could be accused of not driving viable alternatives and instead riding out the profit racket of a dying supply of fossil fuels to make sure they satisfy their share-holders. Corporations doing their bit for society again, well every dog has its day and what goes around comes around.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Having worked in a massive corporate organisation for 7 years, and having had a responsibility for driving change in that organisation, I can understand that things take time to change.

However at the moment the Chancellor / PM are plate spinning.

Immigration
Banking crisis (Northern Rock etc..)
Public debt levels (Mortgage repossessions / credit card debt etc..)
Fuel prices
War in Iraq
ID cards
Lack of funding for schools / hospitals
Large Government debt levels
10p lower level tax feck up
Cash for honours / donations scandal
Shut the post offices or keep them open
Expenses scandal (employ your wife, son, daughter and unborn child)
Huge price hilkes in oil, gas, utility and general shopping bills
House price slump

and of course key issue no.1, build their careers, profiles, celebrity and bank balances.

Most of this stuff is just noise to them. They watch their own backs before they watch out for us.

They must laugh their arses off that we sit there subserviantly and just ride it with the odd whinge in the inevitably British way. If I do respect the French for one thing it's the fact they take direct action. The Brits are great at bringing issues to the pub or the dinner table, but (and I am one of them), we don't have the conviction or time to follow through. We're half arsed at it, and that's why we're effectively bent over and take it. All we have the conviction to do is spout hot air. I don't know if it's fear, idleness or that we are kept too busy to be able to proactively campaign about stuff, but its about time we did.

The snowball has been crafted and rolled down the hill. Its starting to roll down the hill gathering more snow as it goes. If you think this is bad, wait 12-18 months when the Govt can't magic up any free cash to bail the situation out. It could be catastrophic for some, and what are the Government doing? Pretending we'll get by because they want to win another term.

In summary, I'm annoyed that the Government are hiding behind the blast screen hoping that when they poke their heads out that there won't be anarchy or revolution, but to an extent the fuel companies could be accused of not driving viable alternatives and instead riding out the profit racket of a dying supply of fossil fuels to make sure they satisfy their share-holders. Corporations doing their bit for society again, well every dog has its day and what goes around comes around.
Hence why I will not vote for the current government.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Britain is a terrible place to live isn't it? What are the options? Diesel is cheap in Iraq. Cars are cheap in Poland. And India. And Afganistan. The options for emigration are many. Congo. Zimbabwe. Sudan. Somalia. Burundi. Milton Keynes. No, I think I'll stump up £1.20/litre and count my blessings.

Just because there are worse places to live doesn't mean we should allow the goverment to take as much money as it pleases from us motorists and redeploy it elsewhere like hiking up prison wages or paying the countries laziest citizens to sit around and do nothing but watch tv and commit crimes!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with government policy, they are there to serve us but at the moment it seems like its the other way round.

Lambfoot

Just because there are worse places to live doesn't mean we should allow the goverment to take as much money as it pleases from us motorists and redeploy it elsewhere like hiking up prison wages or paying the countries laziest citizens to sit around and do nothing but watch tv and commit crimes!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with government policy, they are there to serve us but at the moment it seems like its the other way round.

I can't disagree with any of what you say, nor with any of what Jonjay says.
I too, feel peeved about the government stealing pennies from pensioners to give to incompetent banks. But compared to some countries we don't get too bad a deal for what we pay in taxes. I know someone who is on £60,000 a year cancer treatment. If we didn't pay it in fuel duties it would have to come from somewhere else.
There has never been a government with whom I did not disagree in some aspects, that's why voting for someone else, particularly in local government elections, will make no long-term difference. Yes, we could dump cows**t on town hall steps, a la francais, but would it make a difference? Like the wise man said, "It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always wins."

sssstew

Editing your spelling
from looking at my spreadsheet for mpg and fuel it costs me on average an extra £13 a tank to fill up now compared to last year, so over a year that would cost me £169 extra, thats assuming it doesnt go up anymore (which of course it will). All this change in just a year... its getting crazy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.